News Disney Parks come to Google Maps Street View

diego.pamio

Could you please tell me which date was that? I was on February 2016 too, but I'm not sure if it was in the same dates! I want to look for myself! lol

BlindChow

I'm assuming they have some software that automatically blurs out faces? Otherwise...that would be a terrible job to have to manually go through and blur out each person in a theme park...
Apparently the blurring isn't limited to humans... Hey lady, why the long face?

horse blur.jpg

BlindChow

I have a feeling that some characters were brought out just for Google, I could be wrong though

The Bolt pic was a "Photo Sphere" image uploaded by a user, not part of Google's "Street View" walkaround project (note you can't click around the picture to move to a different location). You can tell the difference because it will credit the person who uploaded it in the upper left.

Photo Sphere pictures aren't anything new, and have been on Google Maps forever (they're denoted by little blue circles in the overhead view).

The ability to walk through Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater while at work on the other side of the country, though, pretty sure we couldn't do that before! :D

DisneyDreamer08

The Bolt pic was a "Photo Sphere" image uploaded by a user, not part of Google's "Street View" walkaround project (note you can't click around the picture to move to a different location). You can tell the difference because it will credit the person who uploaded it in the upper left.

Photo Sphere pictures aren't anything new, and have been on Google Maps forever (they're denoted by little blue circles in the overhead view).

The ability to walk through Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater while at work on the other side of the country, though, pretty sure we couldn't do that before! :D

Ahhh ok, I was wondering about the little circles you could click. That makes sense :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom