News Disney Parks come to Google Maps Street View

rocketraccoon

Nice. Now if google would just update their satellite imagery on Maps/Earth :mad:. They're still showing the old hub, WDW Speedway, Pandora World of Dirt, all of DHS, and Soarin' having only 2 theaters... From 2014?
View attachment 268608
If you want something more recent, you can see maps from last year with this:

https://labs.strava.com/heatmap/#17.02/-81.58183/28.41911/hot/all

Just put "Heat Opacity" to 0% and click Satellite under "Layers". It uses DigtalGlobe maps, which are from sometime last year.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
It's kind of buggy around the castle. Click on the wrong spot, and you get pulled backwards out of Fantasyland into the Hub...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It's kind of buggy around the castle. Click on the wrong spot, and you get pulled backwards out of Fantasyland into the Hub...

It's not fully implemented on Google Maps yet (if ever if it's bugged). When you click on the street view 'man' you should see blue routes where you can drop him to see Google Street View. But some of those routes don't show up even though you can access them with a direct link or walk to them from a blue route. This article gives the direct links to Google Street View to start walking around. If you double-click on where there's no valid route you'll get pulled to some other point or someone's 360 degree photo they uploaded.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/3/6/17084348/google-maps-disneyland

Mark P.

Did you include the water parks and Disney Springs? Those were included with this update. I agree though, not sure how they're counting this.

I did include them: Magic Kingdom, Epcot, DHS, Animal Kingdom, Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Disneyland Park, and California Adventure are the only actual parks. If we include Disney Springs and Downtown Disney (guest areas), that gets us to 10. If they're counting the lands *within* each park (the Google post specifically highlights Pandora and, inexplicably, the Morocco pavilion within World Showcase), you get way more than 10. After thinking about it, I'm *pretty sure* that WWoS is the 11th "park".

(I should probably have spent the time I wasted overanalyzing this taking a virtual stroll around the World Showcase instead.)

trainplane3

I did include them: Magic Kingdom, Epcot, DHS, Animal Kingdom, Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Disneyland Park, and California Adventure are the only actual parks. If we include Disney Springs and Downtown Disney (guest areas), that gets us to 10. If they're counting the lands *within* each park (the Google post specifically highlights Pandora and, inexplicably, the Morocco pavilion within World Showcase), you get way more than 10. After thinking about it, I'm *pretty sure* that WWoS is the 11th "park".

(I should probably have spent the time I wasted overanalyzing this taking a virtual stroll around the World Showcase instead.)
I'm actually away from my PC but can you Street view in Paris (plus Studios), Hong Kong, or Japan (plus SEA)? I wouldn't expect Shanghai anytime soon.
Edit: Paris and the Studios are in Street View now. No dice with Japan or Hong Kong.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Yes, ESPN Zone is street-viewed.

BTW, the "street view man" is now fixed and updated. He has access (drag and drop) to all the street-viewed-routes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom