News New exhibit coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion Stave Church Gallery

HauntedMansionFLA

agree, color me impressed by the news. I think this is a good thing. Even if it were to include a nod to marvels thor I would take that over frozen any day, heck I would have taken a thor makeover to maelstrom over the frozen muck. This exhibit though is sounding fairly authentic for the most part. Maybe someone is realizing again Norway is not just princesses and a fictional cartoon. It's time they showcase something about the country and its history again. With that said the current exhibit was up for change this year anyway as the items on loan were due to end.
Can’t use Thor because of the Universal contract

Bocabear

Sorry. But Frozen is based on the story, The Snow Queen, by Hans Christian Anderson, a DANE.
Sorry, but you are wrong, It is not...in any way related to the Hans Christian Anderson story...except that there is snow and ice....that is about the only thing it has in common with Hans Christian Anderson's story... Frozen was developed in a marketing lab....

Kman101

Sorry, but you are wrong, It is not...in any way related to the Hans Christian Anderson story...except that there is snow and ice....that is about the only thing it has in common with Hans Christian Anderson's story... Frozen was developed in a marketing lab....

Hence "loosely based on" (yet people seem to think saying things like this makes it a better fit) :) And still, nothing about that makes it fit better into Norway. Folks, repeat after me. It. Does. Not. Fit.

But .... but ... there's snow! and ice! And a queen! It fits I tell you, fits!

Bocabear

Hence "loosely based on" (yet people seem to think saying things like this makes it a better fit) :) And still, nothing about that makes it fit better into Norway. Folks, repeat after me. It. Does. Not. Fit.
"Loosely Based"...that is like saying Moana is loosely based on Herman Melville's Moby Dick...because there is a person in it, a boat, and water....

nickys

Premium Member
Sorry. But Frozen is based on the story, The Snow Queen, by Hans Christian Anderson, a DANE.

It took inspiration from there, certainly. And HCA took inspiration from folk tales of Scandinavia (mainly Sweden IIRC) for several of his stories.

But Frozen ended up bearing little resemblance to The Snow Queen.

Ultimately neither The Snow Queen nor Frozen can claim to have been "set in Norway". In the interests of cutting a long rant short, they should never have shoe-horned it into the Norway pavilion. IMO.

MrHappy

This is a small, positive step forward.
#JimMacPheeMagic
(since his promotion, 2 positive steps and counting at the ol' Epcot - the other being the supposed greater attention placed on the UK attraction by shifting more focus off of a lackluster Coco/Mexico overlay). (I should also mention, I have no idea).

The Empress Lilly

Maybe they can move the exhibit to the nearby toilets. Which are the WS' smallest country pavilion. Yes, the toilets are all that was built of a Denmark pavilion, and have since been swalloped up by Norwegian imperialist expansion. Payback, perhaps, for centuries of Danish rule over Norway.

I feel as if I have found my people. Frozen was a nice movie, but whoever was in charge of "how to milk people" saw it as their new cash cow and went crazy. It broke my heart that the beautiful Stave Church building had to host this Frozen exhibit, when Frozen is everywhere! I'm so glad that this is going away, and I hope the new exhibit all the best!

aw14

Hahahahaha. Hahahahaha. Grateful to a multinational media conglomerate? One which makes an absolute fortune off the dollars we throw at them hand over fist? Yeah. I don't think so.
So don’t give them your money? Doesn’t seem difficult

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom