News What do you think about the new "Foot Golf" at Oak Trail Golf Course?

...it's a yungle

Now this post makes me really upset... I was OK with having a foot golf course at WDW, but calling me a SENIOR... That's where I draw the line!!! :mad:

Actually, this whole concept is new to me and it leads to some questions...

1) Do the players change shoes for different shots? You can have your driver shoe all the way down to your putter shoe.
2) Is there Mini-Foot Golf? I want to kick the ball through a windmill!!!
3) Are there drink carts on a foot golf course? I would think that this is a must!
Oh my, change shoes! Thanks for that laugh, Jeff!😆
Answering the thread question...
An activity on WDW property where 4 family/friends of all ages can play in a “park” for a few hours, away from the crowds, the barkers and their colored balloons...and reconnect with the sights and sounds of Mother Nature (minus the curses and flying clubs from traditional hackers) for $40? Although my beverage cart bill will cost more, I’m in!⛳🍺😎
(As long as there are no cupcakes or M&G’s😏)

The Empress Lilly

Doesn't interest me, but I know a lot of people here in Orlando that will take advantage of it.

This is an expanded recreational offering that should be VERY popular with many WDW guests. With the Euros, South Americans, and with The U.S. turning kids away from Football too soccer, I see no drawbacks here. Good job TDO. ⚽
I´d do this!

And yes, sounds like classic WDW to me. A fun low key activity. No alcohol, no loud hordes, no IP shoving. Just you enjoying those 27k acres. Or at least the 40 acres or so left that they haven't sold off over time.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
.and reconnect with the sights and sounds of Mother Nature (minus the curses and flying clubs from traditional hackers) for $40? Although my beverage cart bill will cost more, I’m in!⛳🍺😎
(As long as there are no cupcakes or M&G’s😏)

I demand the nature nymph from Fantasia 2000's Firebird Suite be a walk-around character on the fairways!!

Unplugged

According to the email I got from the course announcing this, they will alternate between golf and foot golf and stated a typical 18 hole foot golf game should take 2 1/2 hours, as does a 9 hole golf game. The only way I'm ok with this alternating happening is if Disney said "Our golf players are way down, so we either do this or close the course." I'm not against trying foot golf, but I don't believe it should be on the same course. As stated, their is a certain prestige and etiquette to golf that they will have to compromise for this. Just an opinion.

Tom P.

The Park Hopper Plus option on a ticket allows, in addition to water park admissions, "plus" visits to be used for a round of golf at Oak Trail. Does anyone know if the plus entitlements can also be used for the new foot golf offering?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom