News NFL Pro Bowl Week 2018

bhg469

What a fantastic reward for players who are at the top of their game... A trip to Orlando.... The meaning of this is so sad now. It was better when it was A. After the season, so the players who are in the Superbowl would show and B. in Hawaii so it would be somethign special for the players. And Finally C. When the skills competition was almost as featured as the game itself.

This is 100% fail for keeping the game in Orlando and not doing it post season.

Cmdr_Crimson

What a fantastic reward for players who are at the top of their game... A trip to Orlando.... The meaning of this is so sad now. It was better when it was A. After the season, so the players who are in the Superbowl would show and B. in Hawaii so it would be somethign special for the players. And Finally C. When the skills competition was almost as featured as the game itself.

It's all a ruse just to get more guests in the resort....It worked apparently for marketing...

Not even a pointless art show (Disguised as a Food & Wine Fest) that doesn't need to happen during January in Epcot didn't need to be made for guests to still come...They are there for just to enjoy a vacation..

DisneyOutsider

It's all a ruse just to get more guests in the resort....It worked apparently for marketing...

Not even a pointless art show (Disguised as a Food & Wine Fest) that doesn't need to happen during January in Epcot didn't need to be made for guests to still come...They are there for just to enjoy a vacation..

Wait a second!...

Are you telling me that Disney isn't hosting these events because they care about about my personal well-being and happiness, but rather it's all just an evil plot to trick people into attending their theme parks?!

Cmdr_Crimson

Wait a second!...

Are you telling me that Disney isn't hosting these events because they care about about my personal well-being and happiness, but rather it's all just an evil plot to trick people into attending their theme parks?!

I'm not a fan of sports......So it's doing nothing for me...

DisneyOutsider

I'm not a fan of sports......So it's doing nothing for me...

That's fine, but I'm sure if you decided to visit the parks during these events then you won't be negatively impacted, as these all take place at either Wide World of Sports and Disney Springs. I don't think it's fair to expect everything that TDO does to appeal to each of our personal interests.

Cmdr_Crimson

That's fine, but I'm sure if you decided to visit the parks during these events then you won't be negatively impacted, as these all take place at either Wide World of Sports and Disney Springs. I don't think it's fair to expect everything that TDO does to appeal to each of our personal interests.

Very true...It's just I've been coming in Jan/Feb for the past 6 or so years and it wasn't that bad with the Cheerleading competitions during the time they use to take over the Indy stunt show arena adding the mix of tour groups and the Super Bowl weekend when the winners come to MK it was not that bad except the middle of the week and family's start coming for the weekend...I'm a solo traveler and I like my time there to be the best it can be..

Bolt

But who really would watch after the Super Bowl?

NearTheEars

The players are already rewarded handsomely. And the stadium in Hawaii was barely half full.
Last year seemed like a big a success. Plus many of the players have families and I’m sure their kids would vote for a week at Disney over a week in Hawaii.

I do agree it should be moved to after the Super Bowl, though.

If the game ever did end, I really wouldn’t care. Even though they don’t play hard, there’s still and injury risk.

RSoxNo1

Explanation for Patriots fans... the Pro Bowl is an event that features players on those other teams that don’t go to the Super Bowl every year.

Biff215

Cool that Disney hosts this but I agree that it's misplaced both on the calendar and the map. I don't see where anyone cares any more that this is held before the Super Bowl, and Orlando does seem like a major downgrade from Hawaii, regardless of the previous attendance there. The game itself is pointless and risks injury, so why not just go with the awards ceremony they already have and call it a day?

As much as I love Disney, I still don't see a reason to watch this game, even if I happened to be in Orlando for it. To each their own though.

Next Big Thing

Explanation for Patriots fans... the Pro Bowl is an event that features players on those other teams that don’t go to the Super Bowl every year.
Thanks, I was searching for what exactly it was all about and why Brees, Roethlisberger and Russel Wilson all decided to go to Disney World at the same time ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom