News New Background Music today at Disney's Hollywood Studios

durangojim

So I’m bumping this thread because we just got back to the YC after spending the evening at DHS and I noticed the new background music which I really enjoyed (Toy Story Land was great at night too!). I heard a song on Sunset Blvd and am trying to figure out the name. In the lyrics was something about the Santa Fe (railroad I’m assuming) and it sounded like it was from the 40s. Any help is much appreciated!

Found it!

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So I’m bumping this thread because we just got back to the YC after spending the evening at DHS and I noticed the new background music which I really enjoyed (Toy Story Land was great at night too!). I heard a song on Sunset Blvd and am trying to figure out the name. In the lyrics was something about the Santa Fe (railroad I’m assuming) and it sounded like it was from the 40s. Any help is much appreciated!

Found it!

Ah... to be young again... ;) Anyone of certain age could have told you the answer without thinking.

Here is the more famous rendition by Judy Garland in The Harvey Girls. The first 2:25 minutes is all one shot. Then a few quick cuts and the finale is one shot.

Judy was shown the blocking for this once, and did it two takes.

Yes, that's Ray Bolger (the scarecrow). Missing is a 19 year old Angela Lansbury playing a prostitute. :eek:

durangojim

Ah... to be young again... ;) Anyone of certain age could have told you the answer without thinking.

Here is the more famous rendition by Judy Garland in The Harvey Girls. The first 2:25 minutes is all one shot. Then a few quick cuts and the finale is one shot.

Judy was shown the blocking for this once, and did it two takes.

Yes, that's Ray Bolger (the scarecrow). Missing is a 19 year old Angela Lansbury playing a prostitute. :eek:

As a 43 year old I’ll take your compliment about being young!:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom