Summer discount/free quick service

Takeitforgranite

Last year, around December 28th, they announced a free quick service meal for summer stays. I've been waiting for an announcement to book, but haven't seen anything. Is anyone hearing anything?

I know Disney Visa holders sometimes get a few days head start on some deals, but I don't really know the best place to check on that.

Zipadeelady

I'm also wondering about summer discounts so I won't start another thread (Ihope you don't mind me also asking questions too) My question is has anyone heard if they will have the "4 day, one park, tickets" again for 2018?

Upvote 0

TARDIS

In my experience,odds are they will release tomorrow or weds once the "book through Jan 2nd offers expire" .Im waiting myself (not so patiently)so I have my final plans and prices set :)

Upvote 0

Zipadeelady

I was hoping for a little more for the resort discounts but I went ahead and booked in June! For the first time I'm not sure if I'll keep this reservation. I guess I have until the end of may to decide and cancel. eek! I'm 65% sure I'm going to Disney!! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

wendysue

Wait, this is not a deal. One free QS per person per day when you pay full rate for a room? That may be the most watered down discount I've ever seen from WDW.

I agree. There are not many room choices and of the several dates I looked at, it said that this room was not available for this discount. Am not going to move to dates I didn't want just for this non-discount. The "free" meal actually costs substantially more than if my husband and I paid for that one meal for the 6 days we would be there. I will just book-room only- the week I want and wait to see if there will be a room only discount down the road, take a bunch of food with us, and buy the cold stuff down there for the fridge. If no room discount, no problem. Will just go some other time, or not at all. :)

Upvote 0

Walt d

Last year, around December 28th, they announced a free quick service meal for summer stays. I've been waiting for an announcement to book, but haven't seen anything. Is anyone hearing anything?

I know Disney Visa holders sometimes get a few days head start on some deals, but I don't really know the best place to check on that.
Visa would not be of any help, i think you should try the main reswrvation center. Tell them what you, need to know. I would think thats your best shot, and good luck to you.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Disney did not release the discounted offer for Disney Visa holders beforehand. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. We have quite a few clients booked already for these dates so I do believe that is why you don't see the higher room discounts. Also the dining offer is really not that great. It was offered last year and did not do well at all so I am surprised that they put it out again.

Pam

Upvote 0

Takeitforgranite

Original Poster
I don't see the free quick service on the Disney site, but mousesavers is reporting it. I had already booked the trip this past weekend. Will I have to cancel and rebook to get the free meal?

Upvote 0

allgiggles

Wait, this is not a deal. One free QS per person per day when you pay full rate for a room? That may be the most watered down discount I've ever seen from WDW.

It's not that great of a deal, but for a large family it can still be a decent savings. We travel with 4 of our "kids" (they are all teens or adults) so this deal can easily save us $700 or more depending on how well we plan the use of the credits. We booked this deal in 2016 but ended up getting a PIN code for 15% off room & tickets plus free park hopper option on the tickets. We always get park hoppers so the PIN code ended up being the better deal for us (saved us over $900). We were already booked for June 2018 and our TA was able to modify our reservation to take advantage of the Summer Meal Deal. I'll be shocked if we don't get a better deal in a few months. But if we don't, I'll still be happy with saving $700+ on our food costs for the week.

The room discounts through June are much less than in the past, too. Guess bookings are strong.

I don't think they've released all of the room discounts yet. I've only seen actual room discounts (not talking about the Summer Meal Deal as that's specifically for Value resorts only) through June 10. We've traveled to Disney the 3rd or 4th week of June numerous times and in my experience, the discounts for that time period (June through August) don't usually come out until late March or early April. The Summer Meal Deal has been the exception the last 3 years...but it never ends up being the best discount for that time frame or at least it hasn't for us.

Upvote 0

Jenwade49

It's not that great of a deal, but for a large family it can still be a decent savings. We travel with 4 of our "kids" (they are all teens or adults) so this deal can easily save us $700 or more depending on how well we plan the use of the credits. We booked this deal in 2016 but ended up getting a PIN code for 15% off room & tickets plus free park hopper option on the tickets. We always get park hoppers so the PIN code ended up being the better deal for us (saved us over $900). We were already booked for June 2018 and our TA was able to modify our reservation to take advantage of the Summer Meal Deal. I'll be shocked if we don't get a better deal in a few months. But if we don't, I'll still be happy with saving $700+ on our food costs for the week.

I don't think they've released all of the room discounts yet. I've only seen actual room discounts (not talking about the Summer Meal Deal as that's specifically for Value resorts only) through June 10. We've traveled to Disney the 3rd or 4th week of June numerous times and in my experience, the discounts for that time period (June through August) don't usually come out until late March or early April. The Summer Meal Deal has been the exception the last 3 years...but it never ends up being the best discount for that time frame or at least it hasn't for us.

What is a PIN code and how do I get one?

I was unsuccessful in saving any money on a trip in early May with the discounts that came out today, but it sounds like I’m in good company.

Upvote 0

allgiggles

What is a PIN code and how do I get one?

I was unsuccessful in saving any money on a trip in early May with the discounts that came out today, but it sounds like I’m in good company.

A PIN code is a discount code that is sent via e-mail or snail mail to a focused/select group of people. Sometimes the PIN code is for free dining, sometimes it's a discount on room & tickets that's better than the general public offering for that time period. No one seems to know the magic formula for how Disney decides who to send them to. There is no list to get on or website to go to and sign up for one. I've gotten several PIN codes over the years....sometimes when I have a trip planned/booked, sometimes when I don't. I think that setting up an account on the Disney World website and subscribing to any e-mail lists they offer you can increase your chances of getting a PIN code (they have to have a way to contact you!). I also like to set up "fake" vacations on the Disney website -- choosing resort, tickets, and sometimes a meal plan. I go through the check-out process right up to the point where you have to enter payment information and then I just let it sit in my cart. After a few weeks I go back to the cart and change something and then let it sit again. Other than being a previous guest (sometimes email/postcard reads, "We haven't seen you in awhile! Here's a discount to use on a future trip..." or something along those lines), those are the only things I do that I think might have any influence on being the lucky recipient of a PIN code.

Some people call Disney reservations and ask if there is a PIN code attached to their name in Disney's system. That's never worked for me, but I do know other people it has worked for. It worked for my sister. She had been to Disney World twice in her life. Once as a 4 year old child and once as a teenager. She didn't stay on property either time and didn't get her tickets directly through Disney for either trip. There was no way that Disney had her name in their "system" for any reason. She had never registered with them in any way --- not at the website, not as a guest, etc. Fast forward 18 years (since her trip as a teenager) and she and her husband decide to take their kids to Disney. She called to make the reservation and was chatting with the CM about how it had been so long since she had been there, how excited she was to take her kids, yadda, yadda, yadda and as the CM is entering her information, she said, "Oh, I see you have a PIN code attached to your name in our system. You can get free dining during your stay!" We have no idea how she could possibly have had anything "attached" to her name since Disney didn't even *have* her name prior to that phone conversation. I suspect the phone CMs might have some "pixie dust" PINs that they can hand out at their discretion, but I don't have any proof of that. But I've read similar stories on various message boards.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom