News Flights of Wonder closing and replaced by 'UP! A Great Bird Adventure'

mikejs78

Premium Member
It's a bad use of an IP that could have potentially worked.
It goes to show that it's not the IP itself, but the execution that matters. Although the idea of Doug and Russel can thematically fit in AK and in a show like this, the execution is horrible.

Contrast that to most of the reactions to the new temporary Guardians show in Epcot. By all accounts, despite being a complete thematic mismatch, it's a well put together, fun show.

So what's worse? A show that's a good thematic fit but poorly executed, or a show that's a poor thematic fit but well done?

(Yes, I know, ideal is a good thematic fit executed well, but, you know, we can't have nice things....)

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
It goes to show that it's not the IP itself, but the execution that matters. Although the idea of Doug and Russel can thematically fit in AK and in a show like this, the execution is horrible.

Contrast that to most of the reactions to the new temporary Guardians show in Epcot. By all accounts, despite being a complete thematic mismatch, it's a well put together, fun show.

So what's worse? A show that's a good thematic fit but poorly executed, or a show that's a poor thematic fit but well done?

To answer your question.... I'd rather have Monsters Inc Laugh Floor Comedy Club, which is a show that's a poor thematic fit but well done, over Stitch's Great Escape, which is a good thematic fit but poorly executed.

JohnD

(Yes, I know, ideal is a good thematic fit executed well, but, you know, we can't have nice things....)

The former, obviously, is worse. I want to be entertained with a good show. The old bird show didn't fit thematically either. It was just a generic bird show with Bob the tour guide. Not a single reference to Asia.

EricsBiscuit

Just took this a couple mins ago. I've never seen the new facade at night before. It's awesome!
IMG_5933.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom