Disney launches new vacation gifting site

AndyS2992

Seems kinda silly. You can already buy park tickets and gift cards on the Disney Store website. Who has the money to gift someone an entire $5000 vacation?

Tony the Tigger

Maybe this is supposed to be used as a wedding registry.

I see a lot of couples doing that now, begging, I mean asking for monetary donations to go towards a trip

My first thought was a registry idea, also, but that doesn't seem to be an option when you look at the site.

It looks like an easy way to gift Disney, and easily marketable by Disney to non-Disney folks who might not want to navigate the whole Disney site.

Also, there's an option for a last minute e-gift card that can be emailed to the recipient.

I'm guessing some people will up-sell themselves by trying to go for tickets as opposed to a standard gift card.

btw, where I come from, couples beg/ask for money gifts - to pay for the wedding itself LOL.

Lets Respect

My first thought was a registry idea, also, but that doesn't seem to be an option when you look at the site.

It looks like an easy way to gift Disney, and easily marketable by Disney to non-Disney folks who might not want to navigate the whole Disney site.

Also, there's an option for a last minute e-gift card that can be emailed to the recipient.

I'm guessing some people will up-sell themselves by trying to go for tickets as opposed to a standard gift card.

btw, where I come from, couples beg/ask for money gifts - to pay for the wedding itself LOL.

Oh ok. I thought it was going to be one of those things where you put like "Buy us breakfast with Tigger!" That kind of thing.

I guess it's just a link one can use when asking for presents

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
this doesn't make any sense to me. I assumed it would be kind of like a Disney go fund me...but all it does it re-direct you to purchase Disney gift cards?

JohnD

I forwarded to my friends on Facebook. I don't have any takers. Rats. But maybe I'll find out at Christmas! (Right. That's as likely as winning PowerBall.)

PrincessNelly_NJ

Seems kinda silly. You can already buy park tickets and gift cards on the Disney Store website. Who has the money to gift someone an entire $5000 vacation?
Honestly, I've seen lots of people on different forums saying that their parents or grandparents were paying for their trips.

Apparently I need new parents/grandparents because I'm lucky to get $50 from either :D jk

Tony the Tigger

I can definitely see this as an easy thing for someone to forward to grandparents or aunts, etc. to make it easy for them to buy a Disney gift for Christmas or birthday, etc.

It doesn’t happen to me, but I know a couple who met us there recently, and one of their aunts paid for the whole trip.

fngoofy

Honestly, I've seen lots of people on different forums saying that their parents or grandparents were paying for their trips.

Apparently I need new parents/grandparents because I'm lucky to get $50 from either :D jk
On our vacation last month we had lengthy conversations with maybe 6 or so families and 2 of them were in this category.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom