Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter set for room refurbishments in early 2018

DocMcHulk

I recently stayed there and we really liked the resort. I had zero complaints about the rooms as they are. So, a little "plussing" couldn't hurt.

TXDisney

Id have to imagine they're refurbishing POFQ bc POR is one of the resorts that will allow pets. Smart on WDW side. Have 2 very similar resorts but 1 allowing pets. Similar to that of YC allowing and BC not.

largemarge

We will be staying there in January during the refurbishments. :hungover: Here's to hoping they don't put a damper on our experience! It will be our first time staying at a Port Orleans resort.

Starlight67

I stayed at Port Orleans FQ during the second week of January, building 5*. The construction was going on, but on the third floor of the buildings on the opposite side of the pool. Lots of construction people in their vests were milling around, but wasn't bothersome, loud or annoying at all. (Then again, I wasn't in a building they were working in, guests on that side might have a different take on things!)

*Side note: I have stayed at FQ many times. I think building 5/pool view (which we got by chance!) is just about the best location! Walk out the door and there's the pool, close to food court/bus stops and the boat launch too.

Mista C

Lookin good. Just booked our November Holiday Kickoff Trip yesterday! Can't wait to see in person. Although I'm not super happy about the pump goods in the shower.

drp4video

I have stayed at POFQ many times. Love the resort. We are going May 12-17 so hoping we get a refurb room. I didn't request anything specifice when I made the resie as I didn't know about the refurb. Can I put in a request now? If so, how as I usually make my resie on line.

pug

I have stayed at POFQ many times. Love the resort. We are going May 12-17 so hoping we get a refurb room. I didn't request anything specifice when I made the resie as I didn't know about the refurb. Can I put in a request now? If so, how as I usually make my resie on line.
You have to call to make a request like that. If you want something special like a remodeled room.

pug

We will be staying there in January during the refurbishments. :hungover: Here's to hoping they don't put a damper on our experience! It will be our first time staying at a Port Orleans resort.
I don’t mind it. I like seeing all the work that is taking place.

petey

Just got an email from Disney concerning my mid July 2018 stay booked at POFQ. It said that room refurbs could be going on during my stay. According to prior info I thought these were suppose to be done by end of May early June. Just called Disney and they checked and told me that they are now slated to end July 15th. Anyone else get an email from Disney or have further comments or info please post. Thanks for feedback!!!!

pug

Just got an email from Disney concerning my mid July 2018 stay booked at POFQ. It said that room refurbs could be going on during my stay. According to prior info I thought these were suppose to be done by end of May early June. Just called Disney and they checked and told me that they are now slated to end July 15th. Anyone else get an email from Disney or have further comments or info please post. Thanks for feedback!!!!
Yeah they are probably just saying that

Minnesota disney fan

My husband and I just got back from staying at POFQ for the first time!
We got a newly refurbished room in bldg. 2. It was beautiful. The laminate wood floors are comfortable to walk on and easy to clean. The new furniture is deep rich dark wood and very nice. The new big screen tv must be 50" or so. The shower has a rainfall shower head. The bathroom counters are nicely done. The beds are comfortable on their new pedestal frames. The phones do not have all the customer service numbers,like the old ones, with housekeeping, etc. I found out through trial and error that you just have to dial "0" for customer service for all areas. This was not listed anywhere, which would have been helpful to know!
The room had never been used, as some things were not plugged in, and the air conditioner needed maintenance to do a minor repair.
All in all, I was very surprised that I loved the new refurbishments so much. I was set up to dislike them, and did a complete l80.

We did not ask for a refurbed room, but it was the luck of the draw. They were working on bldg. 3 while we were there. No problems with construction noise at all.
Hope this helps. If any more questions about the new reburbs, I will be happy to answer:)

pug

My husband and I just got back from staying at POFQ for the first time!
We got a newly refurbished room in bldg. 2. It was beautiful. The laminate wood floors are comfortable to walk on and easy to clean. The new furniture is deep rich dark wood and very nice. The new big screen tv must be 50" or so. The shower has a rainfall shower head. The bathroom counters are nicely done. The beds are comfortable on their new pedestal frames. The phones do not have all the customer service numbers,like the old ones, with housekeeping, etc. I found out through trial and error that you just have to dial "0" for customer service for all areas. This was not listed anywhere, which would have been helpful to know!
The room had never been used, as some things were not plugged in, and the air conditioner needed maintenance to do a minor repair.
All in all, I was very surprised that I loved the new refurbishments so much. I was set up to dislike them, and did a complete l80.

We did not ask for a refurbed room, but it was the luck of the draw. They were working on bldg. 3 while we were there. No problems with construction noise at all.
Hope this helps. If any more questions about the new reburbs, I will be happy to answer:)
Well the bathroom counters were left over from the old rooms. They didn’t change those.

drp4video

I am staying there in May but have not received an email.

MissingDisney

I looked on there but cant seem to find the pictures, is it under "news" or? The one pic I saw didnt look like anything different so I know Im not looking at the right thing.
Home page...right side..scroll down....see pics. :) A5701CE0-BD31-441A-8499-52B6D12F6EF6.jpeg
B41D0774-70C7-4CDC-BEDA-52E58AE0E246.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom