Crescent Lake Friendship Boat service unavailable from today

Monorail_Orange

Could this possibly be due to the issue of fuel supplies in Florida currently being strained after the hurricane?
IIRC, the Friendship boats operate on biodiesel blend, like the buses. Disney receives its own shipments of fuel (regular diesel to blend with the used cooking oil) by the truck load for their vehicles, and do not have to rely on individual stations, as they have their own distribution system. If running low on fuel were truly the consideration, you would see all watercraft service suspended, along with some bus service. Likely, this is an issue related specifically to these boats on this waterway, like there's an area its not safe/possible for them to navigate through a canal due to debris or a canal bulkhead failure.

cspencer96

IIRC, the Friendship boats operate on biodiesel blend, like the buses. Disney receives its own shipments of fuel (regular diesel to blend with the used cooking oil) by the truck load for their vehicles, and do not have to rely on individual stations, as they have their own distribution system. If running low on fuel were truly the consideration, you would see all watercraft service suspended, along with some bus service. Likely, this is an issue related specifically to these boats on this waterway, like there's an area its not safe/possible for them to navigate through a canal due to debris or a canal bulkhead failure.
Makes sense. I knew they do not rely on the traditional supply chain for their fuel, but you never know what could be disrupted. It does sound much more likely that there are debris cluttering the shallow waterway.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I'm surprised they stopped the entire service if it due to the bridge. They could still operate Epcot to some of the resorts.
Ture, but you also know that there will be a non-zero number of people that will not read a single sign, grab the boat in Epcot to go to DHS and will head straight to guest services and demand a Minney Van when they find out Beach Club is as close as they can get.

AndrewsJ

Declining by degrees, or a temporary after-effect of Irma? I guess we'll have to wait to find out.
I don't think we have to wait and find out. Logic would tell most that high water levels and a damaged bridge are to blame. I'm sure it's just stingy Disney bean counters though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom