Disney's Blizzard Beach waterpark closed Friday and Saturday due to forecasted weather

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Yeah the weather looks awful on Friday and Saturday.

I wish they'd just would have said for Hurricane Prep or cost savings or whatever...

weather.jpeg

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I betcha by this time tomorrow they close down Typhoon Lagoon too.

As soon as the NHC official warnings and watches come out, you'll see closings announced in mass.

Expect watches within the next 24 hours for Florida with warnings coming in 48.

JWG

Well sure, Typhoon Lagoon is built to handle a Typhoon, and therefore by design a hurricane... ;)

Maybe by closing one, they're able to get it prepped for a potential event while not completely disturbing current guests. And, will then close Typhoon Lagoon later knowing they have the Blizzard Beach staff to support prep efforts.

DavidS1234

I betcha by this time tomorrow they close down Typhoon Lagoon too.

Yeah, I'll take that bet! lol...I mean, I know Disney has a pretty good sense of humor, but the comedic irony of keeping it open would die as soon as the first guest took an "unplanned aerial adventure".

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The hurricane will not impact WDW Friday or Saturday. This closure is related to expected poor weather from regular Florida storms (not Irma) and expected low attendance.

Low attendance, and, I'm guessing, low staffing. CMs need to baton down their own hatches. And they'll need to start employing whoever they have to do prep work in getting ready for a hurricane. If they can get one water park ready, then the next day, they can get the other one done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom