'Star Wars Galactic Nights' returning for a second installment in December 2017

Kevin_W

And the Hyperspace Hoopla

I've only seen Youtube videos. We went to SWW the final 2 years of its existence, after Hyperspace Hoopla had been phased out. But our first time ever at SWW was the day that Mark Hamil was there (also for the first time ever). That was a pretty special day in the park.

AEfx

I just...don't know how low this is gonna go.

Basically it's five hours in the park that has the least amount to do. I have gone to the website and read over the list of "features" repeatedly, and the only thing that's unique is this panel which assuredly will be available live on YouTube by someone, if not uploaded right after - and has been pointed out, likely won't offer any more information than already can be found.

I would almost understand the Jedi add-on thing for a kid (it's a different BBB), at least you walk away with some stuff, but even that - when you add the ticket price it becomes $300. When you look at how much the dang thing costs to begin with, it's almost like being ripped off not doing it. A family of 4 (two adults and two kids) paying $500 versus $800 - at least the $800 lets your kid walk away with some stuff. If I paid $500 for five hours at the studios I would walk out going "WTH just happened?"

I wasn't able to tell from what I read - maybe someone else knows - but the $30 food add-on - is that stuff going to be available individually for purchase, or is the $30 thing the only way to get to it? Basically, it's $6 per "snack" - and desperate at that - "Charcuterie plates" while you are running around a theme park? (Oh, but I'm sure those 3PO crackers will be something else...) Do you get one of each thing, or can you get 5 cupcakes? I guess the adults will appreciate the alcoholic beverage - to drown out the empty feeling of "what are we paying for here?" - though that won't last long once they realize the drink has a thimble full of actual alcohol (at least from what I understand from my friends that drink at WDW).

I guess at this point we should just be grateful that SWL is coming and won't be a separately gated up charge land.

Darth_Wes

Wondering if someone has some insight. I have tix to the December 16th Galactic nights event at HS. Base on what I am seeing on the site, with the exception of the discussion panel, Warwick Davis, a potentially smaller crowd size, and a few galaxy photo ops, I am seeing the value. At least not a $130.00 difference in what is being offered and what is available during regular park hours. Do they at least give out treats like they do at Not so scary? Am I way off base? Am I missing something big?

I know it is an exclusive experience and being a star wars nerd, I'm going to participate....but still not seeing a big diff. Thanks in advance....

asianway

Wondering if someone has some insight. I have tix to the December 16th Galactic nights event at HS. Base on what I am seeing on the site, with the exception of the discussion panel, Warwick Davis, a potentially smaller crowd size, and a few galaxy photo ops, I am seeing the value. At least not a $130.00 difference in what is being offered and what is available during regular park hours. Do they at least give out treats like they do at Not so scary? Am I way off base? Am I missing something big?

I know it is an exclusive experience and being a star wars nerd, I'm going to participate....but still not seeing a big diff. Thanks in advance....
No, its not that big a difference. Waste of money for most

jrhwdw

We better be getting that Star Wars show once Jingle Bell Jingle BLEH is over. The Star Wars show is easily one of the best fireworks/projection shows Disney has put on in a while.
I have more good News!(I had good news about the POE tag on Fri) SW AGS is back at full power! Looks like DHS got the GN version of SW AGS tonight via Facebook! Hopefully that will every night! if there can be more BAM! in Bell, BAM!, there can be more BAM! in SW AGS again!

Eckert

They are running both shows a night now.

I have more good News!(I had good news about the POE tag on Fri) SW AGS is back at full power! Looks like DHS got the GN version of SW AGS tonight via Facebook! Hopefully that will every night! if there can be more BAM! in Bell, BAM!, there can be more BAM! in SW AGS again!

I saw and was SO happy. I was visiting the park today for the last day before blockouts and was treated to this. What a great show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom