American Idol to kick off open auditions at Disney Springs

No Name

I am a bit confused. How are auditions working this year? Are they not just doing the five televised locations?

mm121

This is in two weeks for the season that begins in 2018.

I'm not sure if this will pay off for ABC but I don't blame them for giving AI another shot. Don't think there's any chance the attraction will ever come back, so we can relax there IMO. Surprised they chose DS as opposed to WWoS, but maybe they're not expecting the huge crowds they once saw, especially with no celebrity judges on site.
the new venue at wwos would be great for stuff like this

now if only wwos could get a swimming/diving pool then it would be a true sports complex

Biff215

I am a bit confused. How are auditions working this year? Are they not just doing the five televised locations?
Looks like they're visiting 19 different cities with the bus, not sure they're doing any televised with celebrity judges for that round as in the past. I'm guessing it might be a part of getting the budget down so this show can work again.

It also mentions a kiosk that will stay at DS for about a month where hopefuls can record a video and send it.

dreamfinder

Looks like they're visiting 19 different cities with the bus, not sure they're doing any televised with celebrity judges for that round as in the past. I'm guessing it might be a part of getting the budget down so this show can work again.

It also mentions a kiosk that will stay at DS for about a month where hopefuls can record a video and send it.

Didn't they producers do a pre-audition before anyone made it to the judges anyways? No way the celebrities could have seen everyone that was in those lines. Producers pick ones they think would make good tv, and ones who sound decent or better, and filter out alot of the chaff.

Do this first round, then have a second round of "regionals" where the people the producers picked come back for the judges? Go from the 19 locations with producers to say 6 with the judges.

Biff215

Didn't they producers do a pre-audition before anyone made it to the judges anyways? No way the celebrities could have seen everyone that was in those lines. Producers pick ones they think would make good tv, and ones who sound decent or better, and filter out alot of the chaff.

Do this first round, then have a second round of "regionals" where the people the producers picked come back for the judges? Go from the 19 locations with producers to say 6 with the judges.
Yes, they prescreened contestants before reaching the celebrity judges. They may still go that direction as you suggested, I'm just wondering if they're looking for ways to scale back the budget by using the celebrities less.

Nubs70

[insert cliche status to hate American Idol]

...then forget it actually did make stars like Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson, Phillip Phillips and Scotty McCreery
And holds rights to every contestant till the end of time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom