AP Blackout dates lifted August 1st

Just4Pics

Betting on the blackout period for 2018 being very small, and then 2019 being very brutal.

If SWL opens late 2019 then 2020 will be the worst.

Or who knows, maybe they'll just raise prices enough to keep attendance at the same level. They only care about revenue after all, not attendance in and of itself.

cheezbat

Glad to hear this. I looked at my Blockout dates when I heard of the Energy and Great Movie Ride closings and was pretty irritated that I'd only have one day to possibly ride them one last time. Now I've got a solid week.

Annual Passholder Blockout Dates Lifted for Great Movie Ride and Ellen’s Energy Adventure Farewell
http://blogmickey.com/2017/07/annua...-movie-ride-ellens-energy-adventure-farewell/
I literally feel like a piece of my heart is being ripped out with all of the BEST attractions being taken out!!!!!! I get the whole "updating" and "moving with the times" thing, but taking out everything instead of just updating really sucks. I was sad enough when the Honey I Shrunk The Kids set got taken down. But now this! Ugh....just like I miss "Downtown Disney" and will forever call it that. And it will always be MGM to me, not Hollywood Studios. *sigh* :(

Daveeeeed

I literally feel like a piece of my heart is being ripped out with all of the BEST attractions being taken out!!!!!! I get the whole "updating" and "moving with the times" thing, but taking out everything instead of just updating really sucks. I was sad enough when the Honey I Shrunk The Kids set got taken down. But now this! Ugh....just like I miss "Downtown Disney" and will forever call it that. And it will always be MGM to me, not Hollywood Studios. *sigh* :(
Errrm. I agreed with you, until you said you miss Honey I shrunk the Kids...:hilarious:

cindy_k

Original Poster
Where are these lower prices in October you speak of?
Sorry :) I am a DVC member. Rooms are lowest in Sept, and second lowest in October
BayLake2017-1024x730.jpg

zengoth

As a passholder, I'm grateful to Disney for thinking of its guests at this time of peril and danger. These are the kind of decisions that make me believe the Company sees returning guests as a true value. This might break me out of my August-is-too-heinous to spend a day crowdsurfing mindset (I don't know how those not aclimated handle it), although I suspect in a few years Food & Wine will start after 4th of July weekend.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom