Annual Passholder dining discount increased at several restaurants through the summer

deeevo

That's true, although Photo Pass isn't much of a benefit to us. Outside of rides, our phones get decent enough pictures for most things, and the rides rarely get a good picture (Frozen still has steps in the background, even after a year). So it's nice, I guess, but I agree that I wouldn't let it factor into my purchase decision.
I thought I would take advantage of the Photopass more with Gold but we don't. Alot of my frustration is trying to download pics from the Photopass site. I have just given up. Worst user interface ever. That and I just forgot to get our picture takes.

AndrewsJ

Okay, I bit and picked up a Jiko reservation next Friday.
My question is how will the do the check on a 30% discount on food and a 20% on alcohol (using Tables), specifically the tip? Said another way, does using TIW lock the entire bill into a 18% tip. I would think it would be easier (Point of Sale wise) to have the system either do the 18% on the total or not at all and it be up to me than to have two separate bills: one for food with no tip added and one with alcohol and 18% tip.

Don't get me wrong I am not fussing over a 18% tip on the whole bill. Normally I pay more than 18% tip on the pre-discount meal charge. I am just trying to figure this out ahead of getting the bill.
I have a feeling you are going to have to use one or the other not both in the same visit. Could be wrong.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
I have a feeling you are going to have to use one or the other not both in the same visit. Could be wrong.
I don't know why I can't use both 30% on food and the 20% on Alcohol. Just to be clear, I am not looking for or believing I will get a 50% discount. I think this would be similar to when a person in on the dinning plan and then uses their TIW for alcohol.

MacRtst

I don't know why I can't use both 30% on food and the 20% on Alcohol. Just to be clear, I am not looking for or believing I will get a 50% discount. I think this would be similar to when a person in on the dinning plan and then uses their TIW for alcohol.

I would just have them ring up the alcohol on a separate check. No?

ToTBellHop

Just a personal opinion.... this is a desperation move. Those poor restaurants, and staff, will be operating at ZERO profit.
Our concern: We will be going LATER in the year. Restaurants must operate at a PROFIT for the fiscal year. Just us - we'll be avoiding anyone participating in this event during our NOV 2017 trip :(. Don't want to pay for another persons vacation :(.
You're making my head hurt.

Disney restaurants have no problem turning a profit. This is a move to drive AP holders and DVC members to Resorts as they often avoid WDW in the summer. A chicken dish that was $39 and is now $27 will still make money.

durangojim

This year I've found the APs to be a pretty good value. I didn't need to buy TiW and the 20% off merchandise on the shop parks app was great for the Pandora jewelry my wife likes and the photopass perk for us worked even when we were at Aulani and Disneyland (maybe a glitch). I'd love it if they would extend the perks into next year!

scottnj1966

You're making my head hurt.

Disney restaurants have no problem turning a profit. This is a move to drive AP holders and DVC members to Resorts as they often avoid WDW in the summer. A chicken dish that was $39 and is now $27 will still make money.

I agree. Anyone that thinks Disney would not be operating at a profit even at 30% off is out of touch what a normal night out costs. They will be just fine.

I for one am glad to see that their efforts to expand profit margins may finally be hurting them. I am not sure why management forgets that most passholders are florida residents and Disney should know what we can and cannot afford.

biggy H

I think I know the answer to this, but can you combine the 30% AP food/non-alcohol discount with the 20% Tables in Wonderland alcohol on one check? Or would the restaurant allow you to split the check so that the AP-eligible items are on one, and the remainder on another?

They might not be able to apply more than one discount to a check (no idea either way). Just split the bill if they won't do it on one check.

phlydude

I bought TIW last year before they announced all these discounts on the AP - just for that reason, I will not renew my TIW until they take away these AP discounts. The valet parking was a nice perk but we only used it 2-3 times when the lots were full where we were dining (walking doesn't kill us) and the alcohol discount is nice but its usually just one drink I am buying (although it does save on Lapu-Lapus at the Tambu Lounge).
I'll save a bit of $$ an use my benefits through the end of the 13 months but then it is AP discount on the limited times we dine on property.

Mark P.

As of a couple of days ago, TiW is also increased to 30%, at least at Jiko (according to our server) - so I would speculate possibly at the other referenced properties as well - can anyone confirm?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom