News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

TalkingHead

The bridge just doesn't look like Star Wars to me. I'd be more likely to believe it was supposed to be Star Trek, but really it just looks kind of generic, not to mention cheap.

Hopefully the other areas of the ship, like the dining room, look much better.
How’s it possible that the Mission: Space consoles seem to have more detailing with switches and buttons?

MurphyJoe

The bridge just doesn't look like Star Wars to me. I'd be more likely to believe it was supposed to be Star Trek, but really it just looks kind of generic, not to mention cheap.

Hopefully the other areas of the ship, like the dining room, look much better.

Speaking of Star Trek and game consoles, the bridge experience was already done by Trek in 2017. And it's a whole lot more than what's being depicted here, but doesn't appear to be too complicated for a tutorial before passengers would take over if it was done during something like a Trek experience.

Launch trailer:
Crew roles explained:

SWGalaxys_Edge

3 new pictures from bioreconstruct (twitter)

04.jpg
05.jpg
06.jpg

GimpYancIent

Never played one but I doubt this a first person shooter game. More like you pick a scenario to run
Agree. All I am saying is all the SW films depict control rooms, control centers, ship bridges etc. with a lot more in interactive things such as toggles, switches, buttons, levers and interactive touch screens. For the guests to interact give them things to interact with and, stand by, immerse into the scenario (whatever it may be).

JoeCamel

Agree. All I am saying is all the SW films depict control rooms, control centers, ship bridges etc. with a lot more in interactive things such as toggles, switches, buttons, levers and interactive touch screens. For the guests to interact give them things to interact with and, stand by, immerse into the scenario (whatever it may be).
But the computers have taken over all that, I'm surprised they let humans touch it at all, much better races of pilots out there or at least a droid.

GimpYancIent

But the computers have taken over all that, I'm surprised they let humans touch it at all, much better races of pilots out there or at least a droid.
Yesssss! Good point! DROIDS! Have various droids operating the bridge, under the command of the Captain and 1st Officer, the guests can interact/communicate with the droids and don't actually touch anything.

Patcheslee

Thus far the Star Wars Galactic Cruise experience has been discussed / debated from the adult point of view and the reviews of the initial adult guests to experience it are eagerly awaited. I very much want to hear the children's impressions. How is this experience viewed through the eyes of a child? I doubt cost is even a thought to the littles it's all about imagination and their experience.
Not on the young end of the age spectrum, DD13 has had quite a bit of questions and likes to hear about updates. She doesn't know a price, but knows it's the same as our normal vacation budget for a week. Many won't have answers until opening. The first question was if lightsaber training was limited ages, happy to hear it isn't. Will they have costumes for her size (women's 8) because she doesn't want the lowcut dresses? Will she be allowed to explore the ship activities without us, or need an adult with her? Is the Droid battle only for people with a Droid they've brought? The food preview pictures have her a bit leary she'd like it because don't know what it really is. The dinner show sounds fun to her though, do kids get to dance? She wants to find Rey, Chewy, and avoid any bountyhunters. Will there be kids her age? Will there be a dance party??? (The last question is for anywhere we go lol)
She's old enough to at least know what she would enjoy and want to do and provide more feedback about if it would be enjoyable to her. She's also into D&D so LARPING isn't that far out of her realm.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom