News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

DCBaker

Premium Member
Appearance times for Star-Lord have been added to the My Disney Experience app:

IMG_7924.jpeg

UNCgolf

There are plans to make Space Mountain like its new Tokyo counterpart, except more Big Bangy-ish.

It's too bad they didn't just do that at EPCOT instead of Cosmic Rewind.

Then maybe they could have built a good Guardians attraction elsewhere. Note that I'm not calling Cosmic Rewind a bad attraction (although I don't think it's a great one) -- just that it's a bad Guardians attraction in terms of capturing what makes the IP interesting/fun. Cosmic Rewind would be just as good, if not better, if it was a space themed coaster without the misused Guardians.

Jayspency

TDO has always intended to overlay Cosmic Rewind without Guardians at some point. The ride system is highly flexible.

Be happy. You never would be able to hear Everybody Wants to Rule the World while soaring through space without GOTG. You also never would've gotten the Big Bang Coaster at almost a $$$ half a billion price tag without the stupidest group in this Universe of Energy we live in allowing it to even happen.

James Gunn poured his soul into this ride, even if he was barely involved compared to his other projects.

He cares. As do Imagineers, still, believe it or not. Misguided, maybe, maybe not, but they all care.
Tdo?

zipadee999

Wait so, theme updates to Space Mountain in MK? Would this be when they refresh the tracks as well?
Would this be a retrack or a full-blown rebuild with a new layout like Tokyo? I feel like that would make it too much like Cosmic Rewind or even Tron right next to it. Right now Space relies on its 1975 charm as a form of differentiation, so I hope that any overhaul keeps the general structure of the attraction intact.

I’d be happiest with a re-track and re-profiling by either Vekoma or S&S since Arrow Dynamics isn’t around anymore, a new cable-lift system that removes the un-immersive lift hill noise, on-board audio, and new effects/projections during the coaster layout. Those are all upgrades they could do to modernize and make the attraction vastly more enjoyable while still retaining the original Space Mountain

UNCgolf

TDO has always intended to overlay Cosmic Rewind without Guardians at some point. The ride system is highly flexible.

Be happy. You never would be able to hear Everybody Wants to Rule the World while soaring through space without GOTG. You also never would've gotten the Big Bang Coaster at almost a $$$ half a billion price tag without the stupidest group in this Universe of Energy we live in allowing it to even happen.

James Gunn poured his soul into this ride, even if he was barely involved compared to his other projects.

He cares. As do Imagineers, still, believe it or not. Misguided, maybe, maybe not, but they all care.

I'm not a big fan of Cosmic Rewind -- it's fine, but I don't think it's remotely a special attraction -- so I wouldn't mind losing those things for something better.

I also think the half a billion price tag is a problem, not a good thing (spending half a billion on a ride certainly could be a good thing, but CR doesn't have the content to justify that price).

Regardless, I'm certainly not suggesting the Imagineers don't care or aren't trying to design the best possible attractions. Just because CR doesn't work very well for me doesn't make it bad; most people seem to love it. It doesn't really matter how I personally feel about something if it's an overall success.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom