Official name of Star Wars Land - Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Galactic. Galactic. Galactic!!

Galactic Battlegrounds. A Galactic Fireworks Spectacular. Galactic Civil War. Galactic Outpost. Galactic Atlas. Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party. Galactic Republic. Etc....

Even WDW uses "Galactic" for everything Star Wars.

Why, oh why: 'Galaxy's'?

NERDRAGE!!!

Goofyernmost

Galactic. Galactic. Galactic!!

Galactic Battlegrounds. A Galactic Fireworks Spectacular. Galactic Civil War. Galactic Outpost. Galactic Atlas. Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party. Galactic Republic. Etc....

Even WDW uses "Galactic" for everything Star Wars.

Why, oh why: 'Galaxy's'?

NERDRAGE!!!
Galactic means all of space. Galaxy's Edge means on the edge of specific Galaxy. The two aren't interchangeable. I'd suspect that a Galactic Edge would be along side a black hole or just nothing at all.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Galactic means all of space.

No. 'Universal' means all of space. Galaxies are localized gravity wells of a system of stars (and black holes and dark matter). Star Wars takes place not only in a 'galaxy' far far away, but very very specifically within a specific galaxy. Outside of that galaxy is a lot more space including our galaxy. AFAIK no one in the SW franchise has traveled outside that galaxy to another one. So, for them, 'galactic' means their local galaxy.

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
I think it makes sense to give the land a specific name instead of something generic like "Star Wars Experience". Just like Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley at Universal, this allows Disney to create different Star Wars lands with different names in the future.

TikiTorch

The name isn't all that bad, but it's hard to imagine someone in real life standing outside Keystone Clothiers, looking at a park map, and saying to their friend: "Hey, I say we head over to Star Wars Galaxy's Edge!"

In my opinion the ideal option would have been to have the entire land be on a "planet" and give the planet a one-word name. Like "Pandora" is for "the world of Avatar". But maybe all of the planet/moon options proposed had their own drawbacks. So, Galaxy's Edge it is. Again, not all that bad.

Herbie

The name isn't all that bad, but it's hard to imagine someone in real life standing outside Keystone Clothiers, looking at a park map, and saying to their friend: "Hey, I say we head over to Star Wars Galaxy's Edge!"

In my opinion the ideal option would have been to have the entire land be on a "planet" and give the planet a one-word name. Like "Pandora" is for "the world of Avatar". But maybe all of the planet/moon options proposed had their own drawbacks. So, Galaxy's Edge it is. Again, not all that bad.

I think I'd prefer Galactic Edge. But no one really uses the term "Wizarding World of Harry Potter" either. It's as good as being known as Star Wars Land.

Movielover

I just can't help but feel like no one is actually going to call it "Galaxy's Edge". Just like no one calls Indy at Disneyland "Temple of the Forbidden Eye".

No one really uses full tiles or subtitles at all. Do people go around saying "Lets go to Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room" or do they just say "Lets go to the Tiki Room"? Same with Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. I hear people shorten it to just Big Thunder, or Thunder Mountain all the time. People shorten titles for everything, that's how our language works.

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
tenor.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom