Drum Corps International marching performances at Disney Springs this weekend (July 9)

WildcatDen

If you want to get involved, Cincinnati Tradition is a DCA (Senior Corps) Class A corps. They're actually the defending Class A champions.
My daughter's roommate is playing with Tradition this year. My daughter is a clarinet player (all state, National Band). Bloooooooooo won this year, with Crown placing second

WildcatDen

I've been involved with drum corps the last 20 years... I'm aware of who won, lol.
With 20 years, then you can appreciate a first timer going to a competition and seeing Tradition and wondering what all the hype is about. Then, each Championship Corp helped you understand a little more each performance. That was me 6 years ago. If one only goes to an open class, you will be, well, disapointed. My favorite last year was Carolina Crown

mousehockey37

With 20 years, then you can appreciate a first timer going to a competition and seeing Tradition and wondering what all the hype is about. Then, each too Corp helped you understand a little more each performance. That was me 6 years ago. If one only goes to an open class, you will be, well, disapointed. My favorite last year was Carolina Crown

There's a big difference between Jr. and Sr. corps. Junior, these kids go full out all day everyday. Senior, just as fun but it's the weekend warrior circuit! Then there's Alumni corps. While most don't do field shows, they still know how to entertain and blow the crowd away.

I've always been a SCV, Cavalier and Phantom Regiment fan for DCI.
I'll always be a Thunderbird and Buccaneer, no matter where in the world I am.

WildcatDen

There's a big difference between Jr. and Sr. corps. Junior, these kids go full out all day everyday. Senior, just as fun but it's the weekend warrior circuit! Then there's Alumni corps. While most don't do field shows, they still know how to entertain and blow the crowd away.

I've always been a SCV, Cavalier and Phantom Regiment fan for DCI.
I'll always be a Thunderbird and Buccaneer, no matter where in the world I am.
Sad what happened to Phantom recently. Heard the encore last night was really special. I know a few low brass auditioning for Cavaliers next year.

mousehockey37

Sad what happened to Phantom recently. Heard the encore last night was really special. I know a few low brass auditioning for Cavaliers next year.

Yes, the encores this week for Phantom have been awesome in light of what happened. The NY Skyliners lost all their equipment too in an awful accident, luckily no fatalities. Fusion Core is actually donating 100% of their souvie sales tonight to the Skyliners to help them start the comeback. Sky was supposed to perform in Clifton, NJ tonight, but unfortunately cannot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom