Walt Disney World Resort becomes the Orlando Magic's first jersey sponsor

wendysue

It's not a big deal. If the Orlando Magic can benefit from Disney, go for it. I have never, nor will I, buy a product JUST BECAUSE I see their logo on a jersey, car, building, sign, etc.

Biff215

You're going to have to point out to me how ads on NBA jerseys has any parallel to upcharge events at a theme park...

Other than that they both drive additional revenue for large companies.
That's pretty much what I was thinking. It's an example of how it's not just Disney looking for these opportunities. I don't particularly like either, as I feel like it could damage a brand over the long term, but I respect their right to do so.

Daveeeeed

Ugh. Look at this marketing ploy right here.

But wait... My desire to purchase an Orlando Magic jersey has just increased. Aaahhh it's working. Their marketing voodoo is working! Curse you Disney Marketing! CURSE YOU!
If one thing is for sure, Disney is good at it.
I'm starting to think "Corporate Greed" become the default attitude ford91 has been showing for months now toward Disney along with the endless amount of comments he's been making about anything NBA (Which is starting to get old) In fact can someone edit this image titled "Old man yells at NBA"
old.jpg
:hilarious:

tribbleorlfl

So, no talk about this agreement adding AP upgrade seats to the Amway or the ability to renew your AP's at the Team Store (which in turn gets you one of these Jerseys?)

JimW

Premium Member
To begin with, I don't see how this is any different than corporate sponsorship of ballparks/arenas. Many sports teams were synonymous with their venue, which isn't a thing anymore. Are there any studies that show any causation of naming rights of stadia with decreased attendance?

I'll admit that I'm biased. Even though I'm American, I've followed European soccer for the past 20 years or so. Kit sponsorship is part and parcel of the sport. In fact, I even think of some eras of my club based on the kit sponsor, i.e. Dreamcast Arsenal vs O2 Arsenal.

For those people (or person) this to Nascar in a few years, I can only assume you were using hyperbole. The NBA is certainly smart enough to limit the amount of real estate available for advertisements. Is there any indication that unlimited ads is the future, or even that these small ads will lead to something bigger?

Shane7694

The 76ers were the first team to have a sponsor a few years ago with Stubhub.

They actually haven't had any sponsors on the jerseys yet.. It starts this upcoming season. The 76ers are the first team to sign a sponsorship deal featuring the ads on the jerseys though...

TaoBoxer

Perhaps someone from Disney should've made the Magic draft pick last night. I mean, how do you pass on Malik Monk ?!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom