Typhoon Lagoon closed today (June 8) due to unplanned maintenance

beertiki

I would guess that there is significantly more harmful bacteria on the finger touch pads at the park entry, any railing in any queue, any salad served from any quick service, and the water at splash mountain when compared to a well filtered indoor water park.

What would you trust more, the computer controlled chemical dispenser at a public pool, or some cast members hand washing technique after a #2 ten minutes before assembling your sandwich?

alissafalco

I would guess that there is significantly more harmful bacteria on the finger touch pads at the park entry, any railing in any queue, any salad served from any quick service, and the water at splash mountain when compared to a well filtered indoor water park.

What would you trust more, the computer controlled chemical dispenser at a public pool, or some cast members hand washing technique after a #2 ten minutes before assembling your sandwich?

Guess again. After my daughters surgery we had strict instructions from her Dr's - absolutely no public pool for 3 months, yet we were free to take her anywhere else and do anything else with her.

djkidkaz

So does anyone know what is going on with Typhoon? Didn't it go down numerous times just a few months ago for unplanned maintenance? It would appear there is some issue they just can't resolve.

Lunair

Indoor water parks, nasty bacteria, and cast member salad hygiene aside, does anybody know if the parrot AA, Duncan, on the new family raft has been working properly since his debut? He worked beautifully near opening day for the ride, stopped working a few days later, and was behind a tarp the past few times that I visited in the last 2 weeks.

Uncle Lupe

Maybe, but not me. A water park already kind of feels like a giant bath with strangers, I think it being indoor would make that worse.

Indoor water parks are gross.

People go to Florida to be outside in the sun. Even if it does sometimes rain. The fact that this week has been particularly rainy does not change the fact that people go to Florida for sun.

Any water parks or public swimming holes are gross. What's that new Volcano Bay kids section called???...... WanaTaikaLeekie

Biff215

So does anyone know what is going on with Typhoon? Didn't it go down numerous times just a few months ago for unplanned maintenance? It would appear there is some issue they just can't resolve.
That's the question. It was BB in previous years and now TL. It seems to show how the water parks are aging and that maintenance is not getting done during the winter closures. It is a shame for those who plan a water park day when they don't have dining reservations or plan to use a day on their tickets. Things happen, like weather, but these types of closures are frustrating. Hopefully it gets fixed right this time.

ETA: Runoff Rapids at BB continues to sit closed with no explanation or visible work last I heard. We're changing our plans in August as those are three slides my kids would definitely go on, and I used to work there and really want to my kid to experience the park. It's just a shame they're not maintaining them like they once did.

Last edited:

raven

I could so see an indoor Disney water park, and they would call it Under The Sea with everything Little Mermaid themed. The slides and tubes would be clear and some would go under water.
Except that it would pretty much appeal to mostly Princess lovers.

Delgado

FYI, sometimes when it's lightning indoor water parks close and swimming pools close too. Even with a multi million dollar retractable roof it would still have to close sometimes

CJR

Anyone else see these "sudden maintenance issues" as a sign of TLs time coming to an end? Seems more and more that the more they fix the park the more it breaks.

I would love to see a TL 2.0. Take the same concept, but with 21st century technology. It would be a rough two years or so with just BB open though, unless they were to build a third water park.

BB has its share of issues too, it'll be interesting to see what they do in the end. Really, both of them need a lot of work and I've let them know it on multiple occasions, haha. I'm still upset about Runoff Rapids.

raven

BB has its share of issues too...
Indeed. I was recently informed that the mountain is decaying at a rapid rate and it may fall in he near future if they don't reinforce it.

But an entirely new waterpark is much needed. One that will hold THOUSANDS of guests without feeling crowded. But where? I dunno, maybe take out one of the many golf courses at WDW?

peter11435

Indeed. I was recently informed that the mountain is decaying at a rapid rate and it may fall in he near future if they don't reinforce it.

But an entirely new waterpark is much needed. One that will hold THOUSANDS of guests without feeling crowded. But where? I dunno, maybe take out one of the many golf courses at WDW?
There is plenty of land for a new waterpark if they wanted it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom