Blizzard Beach annual refurbishment to begin in October 2017

orky8

Crane at Blizzard Beach today. Couldn’t tell what they were working on, on the side near Osceola.
55129094-6DC6-47AD-9ACF-3548F9BCFB24.jpeg 32D3296A-D2F9-4EAF-9A5A-9A4EFD77356F.jpeg

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Compare the photos from Sept to the October. It looks like they cleaned the pool at the bottom of the slides.
I looked at that, and I thought the same at first, but I think the slightly different angle doesn’t show the area that was green. I’ll upload the recent pic soon.

cheezbat

Crane at Blizzard Beach today. Couldn’t tell what they were working on, on the side near Osceola.
View attachment 241522 View attachment 241523
I passed this today and noticed they've ripped up a lot of the hillside...and also saw slide pieces on the ground...my question is, are they NEW slide pieces for a new attraction? New slide pieces for an old attraction? Or old slide pieces being replaced...

Very curious. I might have to look further in a few days.

Biff215

I passed this today and noticed they've ripped up a lot of the hillside...and also saw slide pieces on the ground...my question is, are they NEW slide pieces for a new attraction? New slide pieces for an old attraction? Or old slide pieces being replaced...

Very curious. I might have to look further in a few days.
Or are they slide pieces simply being removed (and not replaced)? Hope not, but happy to hear there’s actual work happening.

Biff215

It was rumored here that the Runoff side of the mountain was unstable. Removing the slides, and presumedly the pipes causing the issue, might allow them to address it, but it doesn’t mean they’ll get replaced. I’d argue that the park needs the variety and the capacity, but now that Disney has a full season without them behind it, who knows how they feel. You would think we’d get an announcement soon if something new is coming in 2018.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom