PHOTOS - The Market at Ale and Compass now open at Disney's Yacht Club Resort

Bocabear

Oh, that makes sense. I was surprised Captain's Grille was still open. They hadn't been taking ADRs for May.

I hope this all means we'll see a little more decor in the Marketplace eventually. Even then, it's jarringly different from the lobby. I wish they'd gone for a richer nautical look like the rest of the resort. I really wonder what they have in store for CG.
I would guess the same design team will bring you a similar product to what they are doing with the shop and QS... looks like modern with just a hint of nautical...

njDizFan

Oh, that makes sense. I was surprised Captain's Grille was still open. They hadn't been taking ADRs for May.

I hope this all means we'll see a little more decor in the Marketplace eventually. Even then, it's jarringly different from the lobby. I wish they'd gone for a richer nautical look like the rest of the resort. I really wonder what they have in store for CG.
Hope your trip is going well! Any chance you can get a shot of the dining area? My feelings from the pictures was that it had kind of a low ceiling and felt very enclosed.

LAM378

Hope your trip is going well! Any chance you can get a shot of the dining area? My feelings from the pictures was that it had kind of a low ceiling and felt very enclosed.

My trip is sadly over! I don't have any more pictures. I wish I'd taken more! The dining room is up (or down?) a couple stairs off the market. I didn't feel like the ceiling was very low, but the room is indeed enclosed and narrow. I think I counted 20 or so seats. The glass double doors are there, across from the elevator area, but they were always closed, which added to the feeling of smallness.

LAM378

I would guess the same design team will bring you a similar product to what they are doing with the shop and QS... looks like modern with just a hint of nautical...

This will not surprise me in the least. It will be extra sad because you see so much of CG from the lobby and as you take that hallway leading down to the Yachtsman. Unless, of course, they get rid of that open-air styling, but I can't see why they'd do that.

njDizFan

My trip is sadly over! I don't have any more pictures. I wish I'd taken more! The dining room is up (or down?) a couple stairs off the market. I didn't feel like the ceiling was very low, but the room is indeed enclosed and narrow. I think I counted 20 or so seats. The glass double doors are there, across from the elevator area, but they were always closed, which added to the feeling of smallness.
Thanks!! We will be waiting for the trip report...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom