Star Wars All-Inclusive "Star Ship" Resort?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukeS7

Doing things outside of park hours means funding the whole park operation yourself over a relatively small group of people... I don't see that happening.
It's a section of a park, not the whole park. On top of that, it's an entire hotel full of people, not a "small group". The ticketed after hours event that they did recently for Magic Kingdom didn't cost each guest thousands, so why are you acting like this would?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
It's a section of a park, not the whole park. On top of that, it's an entire hotel full of people, not a "small group". The ticketed after hours event that they did recently for Magic Kingdom didn't cost each guest thousands, so why are you acting like this would?
RBTrary.jpg

flynnibus

Premium Member
If they did something like this, I imagine it would only be SWL and not the whole park, and only for like 2 hours, say 10pm-12am or something. and they'd have to do it every other night

Dont take the word 'whole' and focus on that. You still have to operate all the aspects of park operation... even tho its only a section.

The hotel isnt setup to be a 1,000+ room property, it would be a smaller boutique.

You guys can argue over what you think it might be - my information is direct from the people behind the survey. Take it or leave it.

flynnibus

Premium Member

The hotel isnt going to be 5,000+ people like the limited function events are. They arent also getting full rate premium upcharge just as park admission.

LukeS7

The hotel isnt going to be 5,000+ people like the limited function events are. They arent also getting full rate premium upcharge just as park admission.
It doesn't need to be 5,000+ people though. Operating costs for all Disney Parks was $3.455 billion for first quarter, divide that by 12 parks (and this is putting it higher than it would be because those numbers include resorts and Disney Springs as well), and you get $287.917 million, divide that by 13 weeks (91 days) and you get $3.163 million, divide that by say 13 hours the parks can be typically open for, and you get 243,378.416/hour. Say an after park experience for these guests is 2 hours, that puts the cost at just shy of half a million. For the whole park. Figure Star Wars Land is 20% of the park, that brings it down to under $100,000. Now, even if the hotel has only 500 rooms and all of them are double occupancy, that means the cost per guest to keep the park open is slightly under $100 or <10% of the cost of the stay.

Tl;dr: Yes, it is feasible. No it does not take 5,000+ people to reasonably pay for an after hours experience. ;)

CanadianGordon

Myself and my partner would be on this in a heartbeat. If it was fully immersive, ie, you get dressed up, makeup, etc...

I know about thirty people or so who would gladly max out their credit cards to partake.

That's not counting the friends of mine in the 501st.....

I've been following this thread even though I'm not a huge star wars fan or even willing/ capable of dropping $1000 a night for a room. However, it could be an awesome addition if it can be seen from the parks. This will give the land a "visual depth" that could be amazing. IMHO it has to be a star destroyer or the Death Star itself. A smaller hotel could definitely give the illusion of a huge far away moon. The rooms would of course be windowless. Guests will see the planet below and a star field when looking out the "window". Shuttle craft could provide a 30 sec screen ride down to the planet surface and back. The lobby park side is a hanger. Load on the back side of the ship, take a "ride" for 30 sec, front of ship opens leave ship and walk a small distance through a tunnel to the park/ planet. Repeat to go back. One ship is always landing and one ship is always departing. That would be immersive.

Parker-Keller

Maybe a "Hogwarts Express" type transportation system from the Star Wars Resort to Star Wars Land? Transport guests from the resort to a secret entrance to SWL themed to a space journey? If the resort is located off HWS property.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Maybe a "Hogwarts Express" type transportation system from the Star Wars Resort to Star Wars Land? Transport resort guests from the resort to a secret entrance to SWL themed to a space journey? If the resort is located off HWS property.
would definitively be amazing.. simulate a ship going to a startport or something.

cheezbat

Cute.

Not my thing at all and pretty ridiculous sounding, but I know there's a huge Star Wars fan base that would blow their money on this and love it. (Heck, they eat up Launch Bay and to me that's a joke!)

DisneyDaver

Maybe a "Hogwarts Express" type transportation system from the Star Wars Resort to Star Wars Land? Transport guests from the resort to a secret entrance to SWL themed to a space journey? If the resort is located off HWS property.

I hope something significantly more interesting than Hogwart's Express. When we go to the end of that ride, my 8 year old nephew said "That's it. Why did we wait in line for that."

*Q*

I hope something significantly more interesting than Hogwart's Express. When we go to the end of that ride, my 8 year old nephew said "That's it. Why did we wait in line for that."
It depends on the person.. my Niece who was 15 at the time.. was absolutely delighted.
I'm sure there are some who love HE. That doesn't change my hope that we don't end up with something similar for SWL. WDW can do better ... much better.
Yeah, the Hogwarts Express is my favorite ride out of the Harry Potter attractions, probably my third or fourth favorite across the Universal parks. I would love to see something similar at Star Wars Land. But I would also kind of love to see Star Tours serve a similar function like that, if they were willing to move it.

NoChesterHester

It should probably be a terrestrial location (the resort theme). I could see them doing it all internalized around a spaceport. That way they could allow natural light in and have a bunch of themed experiences without the outside world breaking the magic. Then... as stated there would be a tram or something that runs on a special track and takes you to the park.

Perhaps the resort location is on the other side of world drive.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It should probably be a terrestrial location (the resort theme). I could see them doing it all internalized around a spaceport. That way they could allow natural light in and have a bunch of themed experiences without the outside world breaking the magic. Then... as stated there would be a tram or something that runs on a special track and takes you to the park.

Perhaps the resort location is on the other side of world drive.

I doubt they would put it on the other size of World Drive. Somewhere is this area would make the most sense...

upload_2017-7-9_18-40-24.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom