Frozen Summer Games returns to Blizzard Beach for 2017!

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
Disney Parks Blog just confirmed that the Frozen Summer Games are returning to Blizzard Beach for 2017! Plus this year, you'll be able to meet and greet Kristoff and Olaf at Blizzard Beach for the very first time!
Per the parks blog "Either Kristoff or Olaf will be at a designated character greeting location at the park, where you can snap photos of each “Frozen” star and let them know which team you chose to play for." Not sure about autographs yet (I did ask on the DPB).
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ys-blizzard-beach-water-park-starting-may-26/

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

The videos I saw of last showed the pair ridiculously far off on some elevated deck. At least this year it will also be a M&G.
If I'm going to wait in line in 93-degree sunshine half naked, it surely isn't for a snowman I can see in a/c at the park with 5 rides. And certainly not after two bus rides there and two back. But that's just me. And I know folks hate complainers.

There REALLY should be a new slide at BB. It's been neglected and has such a fantastical theme. Slides aren't particularly expensive.

Cmdr_Crimson

I would rather meet Ice Gator than a Snow man....
7266820196bc4e5bfdd2fdbeb0fc9f86.jpg

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
FYI, was told on 4/19 that Kristoff will be signing autographs, but not Olaf!
Per Alison Montgomery on the Parks Blog...
Kristoff will be signing his autograph during the meet and greet, but Olaf will not. Olaf will definitely give you a warm hug, though!
Olaf doesn't sign in DHS anyway for that matter (well, he used to sign, now they use autograph cards for Olaf).

Ryan H. Serowinski

FYI, was told on 4/19 that Kristoff will be signing autographs, but not Olaf!
Per Alison Montgomery on the Parks Blog...

Olaf doesn't sign in DHS anyway for that matter (well, he used to sign, now they use autograph cards for Olaf).
That is why Olaf needs to leave Celebrity Spotlight after a year, because I'm not going to deal with autograph cards(that they don't need :grumpy:)

No Name

Look, on the bright side, it is still Blizzard Beach.

I feel like it wouldn't have been below them to change the name and do some minor-touch ups so that they could advertise it as a FrozenTM water park. Obviously they didn't do that, but I don't think the idea is far out of reach.

I would rather meet Ice Gator than a Snow man....
7266820196bc4e5bfdd2fdbeb0fc9f86.jpg

I can't tell if he looks friendly or absolutely terrifying.

Cmdr_Crimson

Wait... why is Lagoona wearing pants and Ice isn't? This raises a lot of questions.

I think it was due to being a surfing gator rather than just a gator that was simply having fun on the slopes and decided to buy blizzard beach...This picture hangs inside his shack over by the wave pool...
DSC_0019.JPG
blizzard-beach-ice-gator-laurie.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom