Expanded viewing areas coming to the Tree of Life Awakenings

21stamps

A great deal of what Spirit posts turns out to be correct - it's hardly "tabloid trash." He's a very valuable poster. He can come off a bit arrogant at times, but so can I. So can you. So can many on this board.

And as to the hating Disney thing - NOONE on these boards hates Disney or wants to see it fail. Some might want to see Iger fail. Some might want to see certain aspects of the park fail (I personally would love to see MM+ fail). But disliking the Iger regime is not the same as disliking Disney, and saying it is is not intellectually honest. A lot of the passion from "negative" posters comes from a desperate desire to save Disney and a sense of frustration that there isn't much they can do.

Can any of that be expressed without attacking large groups of people? Maybe without constant comments about overweight Americans, lazy kids/parents, and white trash? Oh..and of course Trump voters..because they're apparently ruining the park too.

Casper Gutman

Can any of that be expressed without attacking large groups of people? Maybe without constant comments about overweight Americans, lazy kids/parents, and white trash? Oh..and of course Trump voters..because they're apparently ruining the park too.

Of course, though again, everyone here is passionate about Disney and a lot of folks are frustrated, so comments can sometimes become hyperbolic.

It's also a good thing that politics are kept far away from discussion here.

21stamps

Of course, though again, everyone here is passionate about Disney and a lot of folks are frustrated, so comments can sometimes become hyperbolic.

It's also a good thing that politics are kept far away from discussion here.

Being passionate about Disney means a free pass for that kind of language?
Nastiness here is constantly justified " because people love Disney".
Do you start attacking people because you're upset with something else?
It's not ok. It shouldn't be accepted or excused.

No need to answer. Your comment, and other comments, said enough.

Casper Gutman

You seem to have misunderstood. I was agreeing that it would be best if comments attacking groups of people were left out of discussion here, but that the people who make them may have important insights in other areas. We all behave in less then perfect ways at times.

I'm not sure why you want to fight me...

FigmentForver96

His comment simply stated that of course rash language should not be used. No need to be dramatic dear.

FigmentForver96

You seem to have misunderstood. I was agreeing that it would be best if comments attacking groups of people were left out of discussion here, but that the people who make them may have important insights in other areas. We all behave in less then perfect ways at times.

It's what she does and how she derails thread after thread after....you get the picture

21stamps

I'm not fighting you.. I addressed your comment of "folks are frustrated, so things can become hyperbolic." 'Frustrated' is not an excuse.

You can be passionate without attacks, that's my point.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Anyone know any more of the backside of Awakenings? It's supposed to start "late May."

Seen or heard of any tests? Heard of a starting date... perhaps this coming Saturday along with the Pandora debut?

No Name

These awakenings must be quite popular. I don't find that surprising. They are excellent... absolutely excellent!

On the front, all but one of the sequences start with a yellow light landing on the animal that will "awaken." But since the back of the tree doesn't have those animals, I wonder what they'll do.

So they creatively built these new tree of life roots in the original viewing area, to hide the projectors. For example, here's one of them:
image.jpeg

But the projectors in the new viewing area aren't going to be hidden? I hope what we're seeing isn't the finished product, because if so, well... that weakens the "magic."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom