New summer offers announced today for Walt Disney World Resort hotels

BoarderPhreak

Works for me. I could've saved $273 on an existing booking - or for $50 upgrade the room (at Animal Kingdom Lodge) to a Savannah View. I chose the latter. :D

Taking advantage of the ticket special would've netted me a fourth day for only $13.62 more, but the first/last days are already earmarked (see what I did there?) as resort/'Springs days. If they didn't expire like in the good ol' days it would've been a no-brainer.

Upvote 0

jlevin

I'm really disappointed in the deals. It would cost me $700 more for a Boardwalk standard view room with a family of 4 compared to the same time as last year.

Upvote 0

jlevin

How much more without the deal?

I'm just comparing with last year. We were fortunate enough that my in-laws got a pin code that I think gave us 25 or 30% off with free park hoppers. Without a similar discount I don't even know if we will go. Even staying at POR will cost more than my week at the Boardwalk last year.

Last year my trip was $3880. This year it prices me at over $4500

Upvote 0

KrzyKtty

My current reservation is cheaper. If I tried to take the discount into account for our trip, I would have to move down a room upgrade level and get a Park Hopper ticket if I wanted to go to the Water Park.

Upvote 0

kbmb

I'm really disappointed in the deals. It would cost me $700 more for a Boardwalk standard view room with a family of 4 compared to the same time as last year.

Same here. They are awful. We go and stay at the Wilderness every August and always get the 30% off the room rate. 15% off is making us have to take a long hard look at things.

-Kevin

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

I wonder if Disney thinks Pandora is going to bring in the crowds so they don't need bigger discounts. Thats a big bet on glow in the dark plants.

Disney suffered last summer between the massacre at pulse, aligator baby, the dismal embarrassment of rivers of light, the poor reviews of night time safari. This year, they have more things to promote and im positive they are banking on pandora to fill the rooms

Upvote 0

kbmb

Disney suffered last summer between the massacre at pulse, aligator baby, the dismal embarrassment of rivers of light, the poor reviews of night time safari. This year, they have more things to promote and im positive they are banking on pandora to fill the rooms

Funny thing is Animal Kingdom lodge, closest to Pandora has the highest discount at 25% off.

-Kevin

Upvote 0

Minthorne

I was looking earlier and standard view rooms at Dolphin Memorial Day Weekend are at about $275ish a night - including all taxes and resort fees. I was surprised. If you have AAA you can get a room for $262/night including tax and resort fee ($208 before fees and taxes) - and it is the holiday weekend.

I'd have to choose there over any mod regardless of the discount. I probably would take it over a Deluxe discounted room.

Upvote 0

KrzyKtty

I may have gotten a decent discount if I didn't have to pick up Park Hopper for the Water Fun and More, but since we aren't using Park Hopper with our current rez, their "discounts" wouldn't save us anything.

Upvote 0

kbmb

So we ended up booking WL for August, mainly because we are weak :p

Much like @jlevin we also had the code discount last year which gave us free PH upgrades. Normally we would do the bunk bed rooms at the WL, but with 15% off instead of 30% off, we downgraded to just the standard view room with 2 beds. Still more than last year by a decent amount.

Really hoping this isn't a trend, but I have a feeling it will be.

-Kevin

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom