GQ Style magazine publishes first ever menswear fashion shoot at Walt Disney World Resort

BackOTheLine

Frankly I love the vivid colors and the vintage fit. I was a little unsure about the caps but after looking again I really think they play off of the mining picks quite well. It's also nice to see them featuring cutting edge fashion on people of smaller stature. Bravo.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Frankly I love the vivid colors and the vintage fit. I was a little unsure about the caps but after looking again I really think they play off of the mining picks quite well. It's also nice to see them featuring cutting edge fashion on people of smaller stature. Bravo.

Vivid colors? The only color is the on suit of leisure suit green with a light pastel blue highlight lowlight.

bhg469

I will admit I don't understand the allure of man capris. Either it is hot (shorts) or cold (pants). I do love playing "Spot the man capris" while in WDW though.
That sounds extremely fun. How often does a man purse accompany said man capris?

trampdog

Pfffttt.... My usual/comfy dress for Disney parks are 511 Tactical Shorts, Disney Themed Hawaiian Shirt (I've got lots of them spanning decades), Wool Light Hiker Socks, and 511 Mid Length Tactical Boots. Hanes (premium) briefs (no boxers) and no t-shirt. I can go from 7 AM to 2 AM with that and never look worn out. Yes, I do change to Dockers and a Polo shirt for a "nicer" dinner, but the Tac boots never change.

AshaNeOmah

Pfffttt.... My usual/comfy dress for Disney parks are 511 Tactical Shorts, Disney Themed Hawaiian Shirt (I've got lots of them spanning decades), Wool Light Hiker Socks, and 511 Mid Length Tactical Boots. Hanes (premium) briefs (no boxers) and no t-shirt. I can go from 7 AM to 2 AM with that and never look worn out. Yes, I do change to Dockers and a Polo shirt for a "nicer" dinner, but the Tac boots never change.

You see, this takes dedication. I just can't do boots with shorts. Boots belong with jeans or pants, other shoes with shorts.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I will admit I don't understand the allure of man capris. Either it is hot (shorts) or less hot (shorts). I do love playing "Spot the man capris" while in WDW though.
FTFY

44787064.jpg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Talk of men wearing capris brought this article to mind:

Men Are Getting Weaker - Because We're Not Raising Men

If the premise of this article is true, then whose fault is it? Oh, yeah. The many men of the previous generation who didn't teach their sons the joys of manual labor. I guess they failed in their manliness to teach their sons manliness.

Or... it's because of the rise of the middle class and modern technical engineering that men (and women) are doing less manual labor, more technical and service-oriented work, and have less of a need to do physical grunt work for ordinary tasks. <lovingly strokes my roomba>

Either way, the article about grip strength has a lot of caveats regarding what conclusions could be drawn, none of them given due consideration by the National Review ideologue.

A concern about being physically fit is a valid concern, lest we all become like the inhabitants of the space cruiser in WALL*E. It doesn't need to be wrapped in gender war ideology.

Radom thought... why no socks? I can't wear shoes without socks. :confused:

You need to experiment with different types of shoes. Classical shoes would chew up your ankles with no socks and foot-sweat would build up on the non-porous inner sole making them feel constantly slipper. The ones in the fashion shoot are designed to be stretch-fitted and worn like slippers. They're made to go sock-less with cushiony, absorbent inner linings.

Laketravis

If the premise of this article is true, then whose fault is it?.

I don't know whose "fault" it is.........parents who dress their young boys in girls clothes, maybe? Or just an overall lack of physical activity that levels a simple strength test among both genders? I said that talk of men wearing women's clothing reminded me of that article. I wasn't attempting to analyze it or determine liability :)

Last edited:

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I don't know whose "fault" it is.........parents who dress their young boys in girls clothes, maybe? Or just an overall lack of physical activity that levels a simple strength test among both genders? I said that talk of men wearing women's clothing reminded me of that article. I wasn't attempting to analyze it or determine liability :)
#blameshanghai ;)

surfsupdon

I don't wear capri's, but I also don't own cargo's lol.

Seriously tho, in the evenings at Disney, I will wear shoes sans socks, bow or neckties, with button downs.

Sophisticated surfer here :)

draybook

Then why read this thread and post? I don't think you are in the target audience.

Because it's public and people are allowed to have opinions? Just like I think that anyone who wears crap like that is a fool. I also couldn't care less about "men's fashion", especially in a family driven vacation destination.

tirian

I'm more curious why Disney would want to be associated with the content in GQ. I regularly read the mag and never expected to see a Disney character in it because of "character integrity." (It's a term Disney throws around to ensure its IPs never cross certain lines.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom