PHOTOS - My Disney Experience Mobile Ordering is coming to Pandora in the Satu'li Canteen

Kman101

Is this place actually open regularly now, or will my September order be ready for pickup during Christmas week?

It was in March when I was there but crowds were heavy but not unmanageable. It was hot dogs and turkey legs. Not exactly thrilling. I saw that Diamond was also open but with limited times. It could be a regular thing now but maybe it flexes based on crowds? I don't think the Terrace was open. I was surprised they're on the list. Isn't it sad that the busiest park has three restaurants that sit empty most of the year and then offer a lackluster food lineup when they are used?

Why aren't all three open all the time and given a real menu? And before Skipper Canteen the Veranda sat empty (which made it four restaurants closed) before being used as a meet and greet. I don't get it.

Cosmic Commando

It was in March when I was there but crowds were heavy but not unmanageable. It was hot dogs and turkey legs. Not exactly thrilling. I saw that Diamond was also open but with limited times. It could be a regular thing now but maybe it flexes based on crowds? I don't think the Terrace was open. I was surprised they're on the list. Isn't it sad that the busiest park has three restaurants that sit empty most of the year and then offer a lackluster food lineup when they are used?

Why aren't all three open all the time and given a real menu? And before Skipper Canteen the Veranda sat empty (which made it four restaurants closed) before being used as a meet and greet. I don't get it.
Now that you mentioned it, the original menu when it became Tortuga Tavern was similar to the new Pecos Bill's menu. Then there was the sandwich experiment that apparently didn't work. Hot dogs and turkey legs are the kinds of things they serve out of carts... seems like it's not quite a full time restaurant with a menu like that.

Kman101

It was nice to have a shaded place to sit though lol. It stayed pretty empty even during the typical lunch time.

Prototype82

My bud just commented "The bobas look weird like fish eggs"...Pretty much the point. Loving how alien and natural everything is looking. Also, congrats to the winery that got selected to be the official wine of the place just because they were called "Banshee". That's pretty cute and exciting for them.

CaptainAmerica

...at one restaurant anyway.lol. But maybe if this one is successful then it will pave the way for expanded children's menus elsewhere...especially tofu!
8b3610b59e353be70b1b764bea596eb7.jpg

Blech. Tiggers don't like tofu.

But yeah I totally agree with your main point. It drives me nuts spending $14 at Tangerine Cafe because my two year old wants her own hummus and couscous (literally her two favorite foods). It would be way cheaper having a picky eater. Non-nugget kids meals are a welcome addition.

CaptainAmerica

Plus, the food presentation (at least in the pictures) looks gorgeous. I really appreciate the variety in the meals here.
My one concern is portion size relative to price. The rotisserie chicken / green bean / mashed potato plate at Cosmic Ray's doesn't look pretty but it's delicious and fills me up. I'm afraid this might turn out more like Harambe Market, where the food is different and looks nice but you can spend quite a bit of money and still be hungry afterwards.

21stamps

My one concern is portion size relative to price. The rotisserie chicken / green bean / mashed potato plate at Cosmic Ray's doesn't look pretty but it's delicious and fills me up. I'm afraid this might turn out more like Harambe Market, where the food is different and looks nice but you can spend quite a bit of money and still be hungry afterwards.
Harambe Market is my second favorite park QS location.. behind Tangerine Cafe

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Agreed. Most (i.e. not the message board crowd) guests can make it to their check-out day and they still don't understand how their dining plan works. They need a cast member in front of their faces to walk them through the process.
And on the flip side cast members are pre programmed to automatically assume guests want to use their dining plan for every meal purchase. I cant count the number of times ive specifically asked that they not charge a snack credit or counter service credit and when I get my receipt they tell me "you have x number snacks remaining" and I tell them I specifically asked you to charge to my room and not burn an entitlement. Blank stare. Besides the 7D system issues and weather, that has been the most frustrating thing.

CaptainAmerica

And on the flip side cast members are pre programmed to automatically assume guests want to use their dining plan for every meal purchase. I cant count the number of times ive specifically asked that they not charge a snack credit or counter service credit and when I get my receipt they tell me "you have x number snacks remaining" and I tell them I specifically asked you to charge to my room and not burn an entitlement. Blank stare. Besides the 7D system issues and weather, that has been the most frustrating thing.
Yeah I always carry a gift card whenever I'm on the dining plan (rarely) specifically for that purpose.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom