Pandora Height Requirements

clemmo

Anybody know just how intense flight of passage will be? I get motion sickness on some simulators but soarin is fine. Trying to figure out how much more intense this will be.

doctornick

Wow 44" I'm a little surprised by that since Soarin is only 40"

I'm not. This is going to have a lot more motion and be more intense than Soarin'. 44" seems about right and should allow them to do some neat things with the ride to make it feel like one is "really" flying.

The important thing is NRJ being height restriction free, though it has been expected. DAK really needs some calmer, more relaxing rides. The safari and Triceratops Spin are the only other rides without restrictions and even the safari can get somewhat bumpy and not be as well tolerated by some. I'd love to see another calmer dark ride added somewhere in the park to round things out.

Jon81uk

even the safari can get somewhat bumpy and not be as well tolerated by some.

I do think some of the bumps on the Safari need to be flattened out. Some things like the bridge effect adds to the fun, but too many bumps in the roadway just gets uncomfortable.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Anybody know just how intense flight of passage will be? I get motion sickness on some simulators but soarin is fine. Trying to figure out how much more intense this will be.

Only the Imagineers and ride manufacturers. Its all just hearsay right now. This far in advance of even technical rehearsals its just silly to ask this as well as how long the standby queue will be in duration.

DisneyWorld30th

I am wondering if Animal Kingdom will resort to a Tiered FastPass system whereas the two new Pandora rides will not be in the same tier. And require you to wait in the standby line for one or the other.

Incomudro

It's quite obvious that this ride will have riders plummet off of cliffs, perform evasive maneuvers around trees and floating mountains and so on.
I'm doubt if the whole ride will be radical, but it'll have it's moments.

rle4lunch

I am wondering if Animal Kingdom will resort to a Tiered FastPass system whereas the two new Pandora rides will not be in the same tier. And require you to wait in the standby line for one or the other.

anything to keep you wandering and meandering around DAK. Oh look, a starbucks with every line out the door. maybe I can score me some one-of-a-kind tiger striped mickey ears while I wait? Now that's the Disney magic I was looking for! lol

rle4lunch

I'm not. This is going to have a lot more motion and be more intense than Soarin'. 44" seems about right and should allow them to do some neat things with the ride to make it feel like one is "really" flying.

The important thing is NRJ being height restriction free, though it has been expected. DAK really needs some calmer, more relaxing rides. The safari and Triceratops Spin are the only other rides without restrictions and even the safari can get somewhat bumpy and not be as well tolerated by some. I'd love to see another calmer dark ride added somewhere in the park to round things out.

Can't get much calmer than Dinosaur.

msteel

Can't get much calmer than Dinosaur.

Here is a favorite memory from Dinosaur - On my first trip do WDW since I was a kid I knew nothing about Dinosaur except that it had animatronic dinosaurs in it. It was early in our first day in the parks and my (then) 7 year old and I convinced my (then) 4 year old to ride with us to "see the robot dinosaurs." In the queue and preshow the 4 year old had a growing realization that this was NOT what he had signed up for. I convinced him to get on anyway and we endured the ride.

As we are walking out of the building the 7 year old says, "Hey Brother, do you want to go on that ride again?" and and of course the answer was a resounding "NO!" As I was about to reprimand the seven year old for insensitive teasing he replies, "Neither do I!"

Last edited:

msteel

It makes sense that height restrictions would be published soon, since some people will probably be eligible to make fastpass reservations in what, 11 days?

RSoxNo1

@lentesta and Jim Hill had a discussion about this, and Len seems to be in the camp that it will.

His suggestion was Na'vi River Journey and Flight of Passage in tier 1 and everything else in tier 2. I could also see Rivers of Light joining them in tier 1.

Personally, I don't think it's necessary long term, but it may be necessary for the initial summer. My larger scale complaints of Fastpass+ aside, I would think the goal is to eliminate tiers in all parks.

Rteetz

@lentesta and Jim Hill had a discussion about this, and Len seems to be in the camp that it will.

His suggestion was Na'vi River Journey and Flight of Passage in tier 1 and everything else in tier 2. I could also see Rivers of Light joining them in tier 1.

Personally, I don't think it's necessary long term, but it may be necessary for the initial summer. My larger scale complaints of Fastpass+ aside, I would think the goal is to eliminate tiers in all parks.
Yeah I don't think we see tiering go into AK but I could be wrong.

doctornick

It could go either way, but I hope for no tiering. DAK's attractions have the capacity and the spread our demand to get by without them.

We'll find out soon enough (the end of this month).

Disney Dad 3000

Here is a favorite memory from Dinosaur - On my first trip do WDW since I was a kid I knew nothing about Dinosaur except that it had animatronic dinosaurs in it. It was early in our first day in the parks and my (then) 7 year old and I convinced my (then) 4 year old to ride with us to "see the robot dinosaurs" In the queue and preshow the 4 year old had a growing realization that this was NOT what he had signed up. I convinced him to get on anyway and we endured the ride.

As we are walking out of the building the 7 year old says, "Hey Brother, do you want to go on that ride again?" and and of course the answer was a resounding "NO!" As I was about to reprimand the seven year old for insensitive teasing he replies, "Neither do I!"

Haha. I can relate.
Our first visit to AK after it had opened many years ago, we had my grandparents with us, and of course knew nothing about that ride. We told them sure, it's a nice seated dark ride, not a roller coaster, should not be too extreme for you. AK was our first park that trip and I don't think we ever talked them into another ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom