Pose with an Oscar at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Siren

Awww! This is so cool of Disney!!! I just love it when Disney does little spontaneous things like this.
2rqytkw.jpg

Okay so, speaking of the Oscars -- 2016 has been another phenomenal year in film for Disney. Here is the Disney Oscar rundown -- a total of 9 Oscar nominations.

By the way, Finding Dory was totally snubbed. Anyway, Go Disney!!!

Best Animated Feature Film

Best Animated Short Film
Best Original Song
Best Visual Effects
Best Sound Mixing
Also, Disney is holding "Beauty & the Beast: Opening Night Fan Events" at almost 600 theaters across the country -- Thursday, March 16th at 6 PM (the night before).

http://www.beourguest.com/fan-events/

2przeye.jpg

This viewing will feature exclusive content before and after the early screening and a music video from Ariana Grande and John Legend.

AMC Theater guests will each receive an event lanyard with their ticket purchase and small popcorn.
AMC IMAX guests will also receive a collectible Cubefold "Beast" Character.
AMC Dolby guests will also receive one of three collectible Beauty & The Beast pins.

Regal IMAX and RPX Theater guests will receive free concessions and special collectible tickets.

Cinemark Theater guests will each receive a Beauty & the Beast souvenir popcorn tub and beverage cup.
Cinemark XD guests will also recieve a collectible Beauty & The Beast Cubefold rose.
Cinemark IMAX guests will also receive a collectible Beauty & The Beast poster.

http://www.beourguest.com/offers/

Have fun!!!

Last edited:

Siren

Hesus Christo, was all that necessary to promote the cash grab that is BaTB?
LOL. How in the world is "BaTB" a cash grab? I think the phrase "cash grab" should be totally blocked and put in the filter, so whenever anyone types it we can only see stars.

And, I didn't see this information posted anywhere -- so, just make sure to reserve your ticket now and see it before everyone else.

Siren

Is this going to be where Moana meets, or in a different location in the building?(btw, it's up for two Oscars), because i'm worried :cry:
Awww. Don't be worried. The Oscars are only there until this Sunday (Oscar) night.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like Moana will win in any of the categories. Zootopia is the favorite for Best Animation and La La Land has two songs in the Best Original Song category -- La La Land is the favorite to win.

And, on that note -- Oscar night will be all about La La Land.

Ryan H. Serowinski

Awww. Don't be worried. The Oscars are only there until this Sunday (Oscar) night.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like Moana will win in any of the categories. Zootopia is the favorite for Best Animation and La La Land has two songs in the Best Original Song category -- La La Land is the favorite to win.

And, on that note -- Oscar night will be all about La La Land.
I know about Zootopia could be winning, but off-topic is Moana still meeting in OMD(for the time being)(just curious), but really off-topic wish La La Land was never a contender for songs(I'm going to ramble to many websites, if it happens) :mad:

Ryan H. Serowinski

I know about Zootopia could be winning, but off-topic is Moana still meeting in OMD(for the time being)(just curious), but really off-topic wish La La Land was never a contender for songs(I'm going to ramble to many websites, if it happens) :mad:
OFF-TOPIC(yet again): I'm sorry, I'm just not a fan of La La Land and I'll be also upset if Kubo wins Animated Feature and NOT Zootopia(I was upset when Brave won and NOT Wreck-It Ralph in 2013, just like Spirited Away beating Lilo & Stitch in that category in 2003). :'(

Siren

Wow! I don't do meet & greets at all but Moana's looks so amazing. I just watched a video of it and the set and everything is so gorgeous. I was not expecting to see such beautiful rock work, foliage, actual sand, and a virtual waterfall. It's totally underrated.

Moana's meet & greet section seems quite elaborate. I'm guessing she is still meeting at OMD, otherwise we would have heard about it. The Oscar photo op area is very simple and probably tucked in a random corner somewhere in the building until Sunday night.

OFF-TOPIC(yet again): I'm sorry, I'm just not a fan of La La Land and I'll be also upset if Kubo wins Animated Feature and NOT Zootopia(I was upset when Brave won and NOT Wreck-It Ralph in 2013, just like Spirited Away beating Lilo & Stitch in that category in 2003). :'(
I haven't seen La La Land yet, but it looks so good. I loved Ryan Gosling in The Notebook, it is one of my favorite movies. So, I just have to give La La Land a chance. I hope I'm not disappointed. The movie seems polarizing, in that, people who love it, really love it and those who hate it, really hate it. LOL.

And, I totally agree with you about Wreck It Ralph being robbed. LOL. I just don't care for Brave. I'm so glad there going to be a Wreck It Ralph 2.

With that said, I'm not really excited about this years Oscars. I really hope the night isn't overcast by overwhelming political statements.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Awww! This is so cool of Disney!!! I just love it when Disney does little spontaneous things like this.
2rqytkw.jpg

Okay so, speaking of the Oscars -- 2016 has been another phenomenal year in film for Disney. Here is the Disney Oscar rundown -- a total of 9 Oscar nominations.

By the way, Finding Dory was totally snubbed. Anyway, Go Disney!!!

Best Animated Feature Film

Best Animated Short Film
Best Original Song
Best Visual Effects
Best Sound Mixing
Also, Disney is holding "Beauty & the Beast: Opening Night Fan Events" at almost 600 theaters across the country -- Thursday, March 16th at 6 PM (the night before).

http://www.beourguest.com/fan-events/

2przeye.jpg

This viewing will feature exclusive content before and after the early screening and a music video from Ariana Grande and John Legend.

AMC Theater guests will each receive an event lanyard with their ticket purchase and small popcorn.
AMC IMAX guests will also receive a collectible Cubefold "Beast" Character.
AMC Dolby guests will also receive one of three collectible Beauty & The Beast pins.

Regal IMAX and RPX Theater guests will receive free concessions and special collectible tickets.

Cinemark Theater guests will each receive a Beauty & the Beast souvenir popcorn tub and beverage cup.
Cinemark XD guests will also recieve a collectible Beauty & The Beast Cubefold rose.
Cinemark IMAX guests will also receive a collectible Beauty & The Beast poster.

http://www.beourguest.com/offers/

Have fun!!!
Opetaia Foa'i got robbed. "We Know the Way" > "How Far I'll Go."

Princess Leia

Opetaia Foa'i got robbed. "We Know the Way" > "How Far I'll Go."
Did Disney even lobby for more than one Moana song? I think that 'We Know the Way' and 'You're Welcome' are on equal footing with 'How Far I'll Go'.

Also, for La La Land- 'Another Day of Sun' > 'Audition Song'. The former is way too catchy for it's own good, and it's the song from the movie that I find myself humming the most.

La La Land definitely has the upper hand in terms of chances of winning the Best Song award (40%), but there is the chance that the two could cancel each other out, giving it to Justin Timberlake (there was no escaping that song last summer) or Lin Manuel Miranda, making him the youngest PEGOT winner in history (of which there are only currently 2). It's not going to go to Sting (sorry Sting).

If Academy voters solely just want an acceptance speech like Lin's poem at the Tony's (which I still get chills reading), they'll go for Moana. I'm sure Lin has plenty more opportunities lined up for another Best Song nom (especially if he writes something new for the In the Heights film), but this would really be the icing on the cake for an amazing year for him.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Did Disney even lobby for more than one Moana song? I think that 'We Know the Way' and 'You're Welcome' are on equal footing with 'How Far I'll Go'.
I think that's why it annoys me. Opetaia Foa'i contributed as much to that soundtrack as LMM and it's a shame that they picked a song where LMM has the only writing credits.

Side note, have you listened to the demo tracks on Disk 2 of the soundtrack? LMM's singing voice is horrible.

Anyone else think of this? Another attempt to make the current desolate DHS palpable to guests paying for a full price ticket? They're gonna have to offer a lot more than just a photo with a statue to make spending a day there worth the money right now. Just my opinion.
I actually think this kind of thing belongs at DHS. Small-scale diversions like this, the launch bay, the old prop shop, etc. are what help flesh out a day for people who are into more than just ticking off a list of "attractions." I don't particularly care about the Oscar but they had the carriage from the live-action Cinderella awhile back and that was pretty neat.

Princess Leia

I think that's why it annoys me. Opetaia Foa'i contributed as much to that soundtrack as LMM and it's a shame that they picked a song where LMM has the only writing credits.

Side note, have you listened to the demo tracks on Disk 2 of the soundtrack? LMM's singing voice is horrible.
Lin's voice is.... distinctive. That's the descriptor I usually stick with. I think he's a lyrical genius (currently matched with Sondheim, IMO), but his vocal range is extremely limited. He's an amazing rapper, and I think he deserves all of the credit that he gets for creating the music and lyrics to 'In the Heights' and 'Hamilton', but in those two shows, he definitely stayed in his comfort zone and didn't write a song like "How Far I'll Go" for himself. He wrote them for other people.

So when I heard that he'll be performing "How Far I'll Go" with Auli'i Cravalho, it kind of put me off a little. Like I understand that he wrote the song, but Auli'i is the only person who should be singing it (I feel the same way about John Legend singing the nominated La La Land songs). Lin can't belt the notes like she can.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom