Flights of Wonder bird shows expand to other areas of Disney's Animal Kingdom

flyerjab

This is something that I feel like the other parks don't have enough of. DAK has the big rides and nice shows, yes, but there are also smaller, more intimate experiences like this that I really enjoy. They have added the small animals up front for people to see and experience up close, now there are 2 different bird shows of the smaller variety. Add to that the harp player on Discovery Island, the singers and musicians in Africa and Asia, as well as the acrobats, and the smaller offerings really help round out this park quite nicely.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I love it! I wish there were more shows similar to this, even similar to the animal actors on location at Universal!

But.. I mean. I guess Disney wouldn't want to copy Uni then. But Doggers though O:

Zipadeelady

This is something that I feel like the other parks don't have enough of. DAK has the big rides and nice shows, yes, but there are also smaller, more intimate experiences like this that I really enjoy. They have added the small animals up front for people to see and experience up close, now there are 2 different bird shows of the smaller variety. Add to that the harp player on Discovery Island, the singers and musicians in Africa and Asia, as well as the acrobats, and the smaller offerings really help round out this park quite nicely.
Love the Harp player!!

Fox&Hound

What a wonderful idea! Love that they are bringing more entertainment to other parts of the park. Excellent idea- I especially love that the show in Dinoland relates birds to dinosaurs! Very cool!

Disney-Trains

Great use of resources too! The birds and trainers are already there... It probably doesn't cost Disney much more to have these smaller interactions added to the schedule.

RSoxNo1

I love these types of entertainment offerings that people can just happen upon. Does anyone know what happened to the camel shows? It would be great to be walking around that park and see a camel hanging out on a path.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Looks like three shows will continue to run on the stage each day. Is that a reduction? I'm pretty sure when I was there in early January, they were running more than 3 shows on the stage. I like the shows elsewhere in the park, particularly the tie to dinosaurs, but I wonder if this is a true net increase.

Disney-Trains

I caught the Dino show twice this week... Very fun. The birds have all been in the FOW show or pre-show previously (I've seen many birds in the show through the years).

Toucan that flies right through the crowd several times. A tall bird called a "seriema" that slams a toy lizard against a rock, a "Kea" bird that picks out bones from his boneyard (like in dino land), and an Ibyss that catches fish faster than an audience member can catch gummy fish with chopsticks.

Guano Joe, from the bird show was there as well to help with the volunteers and keep the show moving.

Very fun show! The exact kind of "edutainment" DAK needs!

Thumper 32

Looks like three shows will continue to run on the stage each day. Is that a reduction? I'm pretty sure when I was there in early January, they were running more than 3 shows on the stage. I like the shows elsewhere in the park, particularly the tie to dinosaurs, but I wonder if this is a true net increase.

Correct. Flights of Wonder usually had 5 or 6 shows, so these new smaller shows come at the expense of multiple performances of the bigger show.

Minnie Mum

Correct. Flights of Wonder usually had 5 or 6 shows, so these new smaller shows come at the expense of multiple performances of the bigger show.

Sigh. That's what I was afraid of. So again, there's no net gain here - just more robbing Peter to pay Paul.

One could also argue that it's a net loss, since the number of full performances are reduced in favor of smaller, limited ones.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom