Doc McStuffins to appear at Disney's Animal Kingdom

21stamps

My 6 year old is obsessed with Rafiki's Planet Watch! She loves all the little exhibits, the petting zoo, one time we watched a bunny getting its ears cleaned. On our last trip I think she spent a good hour over there. Both my girls also love Doc Mcstuffins and I think the pet vet Doc fits perfectly over there. We are excited for this.
The inside is great, we both love it! But, I could have done without the petting zoo, we spent too much time there, most of which was me asking my child to stop brushing an animal and please go see something else.lol

ToTBellHop

The inside is great, we both love it! But, I could have done without the petting zoo, we spent too much time there, most of which was me asking my child to stop brushing an animal and please go see something else.lol
I find the brushing of goats to be pretty novel. No where around here allows that anyway. You can pet one through a cage, but Planet Watch is different. It's a cute activity with kids and the train is a fun diversion. I think of it as being along the same vein as Tom Sawyer Island. Not an E-ticket but an entertaining activity nonetheless for the seasoned guest. On-stage surgical procedures are an extremely unique offering for those with stomachs for it. I just wish that schedule was advertised more widely since it is not exactly convenient to "come back later."

21stamps

I find the brushing of goats to be pretty novel. No where around here allows that anyway. You can pet one through a cage, but Planet Watch is different. It's a cute activity with kids and the train is a fun diversion. I think of it as being along the same vein as Tom Sawyer Island. Not an E-ticket but an entertaining activity nonetheless for the seasoned guest. On-stage surgical procedures are an extremely unique offering for those with stomachs for it. I just wish that schedule was advertised more widely since it is not exactly convenient to "come back later."
We're Zoo Members at a pretty fantastic zoo, we also have reciprocity benefits and sometimes drive up to 5 hours to visit other ones.. ours is the best within that radius though.lol. Anyway, the children's zoo portion has a full petting zoo where you can brush and feed the goats. Actually our local amusement park, where we have passes to as well, (I'm a huge fan of memberships/annual passes lol) has a petting zoo too.
We spend enough time at both that I hate to spend an hour doing the same while at AK.
Like I said though, I love the rest of Planet Watch.

Tom Sawyer Island...that has always been a favorite of mine..and my kid feels the same. I adore spending time there.

Last edited:

MomofPrincessGrace

We're Zoo Members at a pretty fantastic zoo, we also have reciprocity benefits and sometimes drive up to 5 hours to visit other ones.. ours is the best within that radius though.lol. Anyway, the children's zoo portion has a full petting zoo where you can brush and feed the goats. Actually our local amusement park, where we have passes to as well, (I'm a huge fan of memberships/annual passes lol) has a petting zoo too.
We spend enough time at both that I hate to spend an hour doing the same while at AK.
Like I said though, I love the rest of Planet Watch.

We are members of our local zoo as well and we have the ability to pet and brush the goats and a few other farm animals. It drives me nuts when my daughter wants to do things that she could easily do every ordinary day while we are on vacation with so many other options. o_O

Bolt

Looks like she has a real set at Rafiki's, too!

IMG_6235.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom