Atlantic Dance Hall throwback nights throughout December

Next Big Thing

This is pretty much exactly the type of club night that Disney had House of Blues shut down last fall. Amazing how contradictory they're willing to be. It won't be nearly as good either as it's incredibly hard to actually even get to Atlantic Dance Hall (for CMs).

Communicore

Haven't been here in ages. Can people still park at Boardwalk? Or are they forced to park at Springs and bus to Boardwalk?

MarkTwain

The CP's should love this. I probably would if it were back in my CP days.

Sounds to me like Disney is directly going after the CPs and CMs with this, especially with the genres of music they've picked out (re: no 80s or 70s music for the older, DVC-owning or convention crowds staying nearby). Honestly, that's probably a pretty good strategy for keeping the Atlantic Dance Hall afloat, since CMs are what kept Pleasure Island going in its later years.

This is pretty much exactly the type of club night that Disney had House of Blues shut down last fall. Amazing how contradictory they're willing to be. It won't be nearly as good either as it's incredibly hard to actually even get to Atlantic Dance Hall (for CMs).

....and that's going to be the problem. Parking at Boardwalk has gotten crazy difficult for non-hotel guests in recent years. They do have overflow but it's a long hike, especially for CMs just off from a shift. Recently, it seems like Disney closes off wayyyy too much parking for valet use only, since that area almost always seems to be mostly empty.

Boardwalk has a lot of potential to be a more active entertainment district, which would help places like the Atlantic Dance Hall or the tricky Spoodles/Kouzzina/Trattoria location stay in business. But they need to figure out the parking... Expanding the current lots should be a priority for Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom