AMC going to reserved seating 11/7

WhatJaneSays

Original Poster
Starting 11/7 the AMC at West Side will be going to reserved seating. You can do it via the web, mobile, or at the box.

I chatted with the crew there this morning getting my groups Doctor Strange tickets for tonight and honestly they don't seem super happy. I understand the need at times for this, particularly for such a busy theater but is really slows down the ticketing process and the seating process.

roj2323

Starting 11/7 the AMC at West Side will be going to reserved seating. You can do it via the web, mobile, or at the box.

I chatted with the crew there this morning getting my groups Doctor Strange tickets for tonight and honestly they don't seem super happy. I understand the need at times for this, particularly for such a busy theater but is really slows down the ticketing process and the seating process.

Well when they play 25 minutes of commercials and previews at the beginning of the showing does it really matter that it takes a little longer?

WhatJaneSays

Original Poster
Well when they play 25 minutes of commercials and previews at the beginning of the showing does it really matter that it takes a little longer?
When you add 30-90 seconds per transaction across that many theaters plus the shuffle time for staff getting people in the correct seats it does. Reserved seating It works GREAT for opening weekends and other packed or pre-sold out shows but it's a drain on staff, time, and resources outside of that for most theaters.

YodaMan

I personally hate reserved seating. Especially as someone who usually uses discounts or coupons that have to be used at the box office and can't be bought online in advance, it's frustrating that showing up early will no longer guarantee me a seat as someone who simply bought a ticket online in advance and won't show up until the film begins will get to pick their seat first.

jt04

Hmmm, on the 7th then. Interesting.

WhatJaneSays

Original Poster
In the theater last night for Doctor Strange (Theater 2) they already had the seats labeled on the armrests with their seat numbers.

mm121

I hate hate hate this trend!

it makes going with friends hard, and makes movie dates IMPOSSIBLE!!!

since with friends one person would have to pay upfront for all the tickets then get paid back and people aren't really very good about committing and following through

and for movie dates if you go out to eat or something before hand to meet, what if it doesn't go well, and you'd both rather not go, but you've already paid for tickets

this is a SOLUTION, in search of a PROBLEM, where one never existed

and its just a scam to collect more fees, as they charge extra fees to buy the tickets online, plus the profit margin gained when people buy tickets but then aren't able to attend.

especially at disney springs this is dumb, since sometimes when you just hanging out and looking for something to do your just like hey lets go to the movie

but when they have reserved tickets if you try to buy them at the box office you always end up with TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE seats, though the theatre can be empty when you arrive

and it motivates even more people to SHOW UP LATE, as their is no incentive to show up on time or early

cmoliver68

Several people have mentioned that Disney is forcing them to book early. In no way is it implied that will be required based on what I have heard. If you want a specific seat or a specific area of the theater then you MAY have to do that depending on the movie. However, you can walk up to LaNouba on almost any night and purchase a ticket (reserved seating) at the last minute. As far as going with friends, you walk up together, get a block of seats then pay for them separately. Surely there will be a way to split the transaction. Same for the movie date, just wait until you get there. There is no way anyone is going to be forced to book early for a movie. That will lead to empty theaters which the production companies will never allow.

mm121

Several people have mentioned that Disney is forcing them to book early. In no way is it implied that will be required based on what I have heard. If you want a specific seat or a specific area of the theater then you MAY have to do that depending on the movie. However, you can walk up to LaNouba on almost any night and purchase a ticket (reserved seating) at the last minute. As far as going with friends, you walk up together, get a block of seats then pay for them separately. Surely there will be a way to split the transaction. Same for the movie date, just wait until you get there. There is no way anyone is going to be forced to book early for a movie. That will lead to empty theaters which the production companies will never allow.

but waiting to buy day of during popular times GUARANTEES crappy seats, which use to just be avoided by arriving early.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom