Kali River Rapids closing for refurbishment in January 2017

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, Jan 26. Re-painting with stencils at the Kali River Rapids loading dock. No vegetation was harmed while taking these photos (a natural gap between plants and using telephoto lens).

IMG_9107.JPG

IMG_9109.JPG

RSoxNo1

I hope the next step for the Animal Kingdom is fixing this area of Asia. Thematically the area is beautiful, but Kali is too short and there are plenty of animals that aren't represented. I would be 100% on board with Kali being removed in favor of a different type of Asian animal safari. You would need to remove one of Maharajah Jungle Trek or Kali River Rapids in order to easily access the huge plot of land that's North of the area.

Dizney Crew

I have no clue what all the hate towards this ride is, unless you actually are waiting over 60 mins, which I rarely see wait times that long for this ride, especially at night its an OK ride. I honestly have never got soaked on this ride, if anything the wet factor is on par with Splash Mountain. For a park that is in dire need of more rides this ride does not need to go anywhere anytime soon.

RSoxNo1

I have no clue what all the hate towards this ride is, unless you actually are waiting over 60 mins, which I rarely see wait times that long for this ride, especially at night its an OK ride. I honestly have never got soaked on this ride, if anything the wet factor is on par with Splash Mountain. For a park that is in dire need of more rides this ride does not need to go anywhere anytime soon.
I'm on board with closing it for a replacement, not closing it because it's lousy.

FigmentForver96

You must be lucky because this ride will SOAK you if you are in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Dizney Crew

You must be lucky because this ride will SOAK you if you are in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I wish we got wet, that is the whole point is riding an attraction like this, but all we got was a little splash nothing over the top. One time we rode this ride 3 times in row because there was literally a ZERO min wait and we still didn't get soaked, and we sat on different sides of the raft each time hoping there would be a difference. Really the only part I think you get wet is when the people on the bridge shoot you with the water guns, thats about it, and thats at the very end.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom