Amorette's Patisserie reducing operating hours from today

beertiki

Twice now I have been to DS with my wife and daughter so they could shop at Sephora. I sit on the bench outside with all the other men, who really don't want to be out shopping but we keep our mouths shut and just find a bench. So, I watch people and I watch stores. One pattern I notice is, 50% or more do not have a shopping bag, then the other 50% usually only have one. It looked to me like only about 1% had several bags. Maybe it's just me, or knowing how my family is, but given the choice between spending a few hundred dollars on shopping, we would rather spend that money on a Disney event, party, dinner at Ohana, drinks around the world. Wr come to Disney because it's Disney, not some upscale shopping mall.

ToInfinityAndBeyond

Wr come to Disney because it's Disney, not some upscale shopping mall.

And this, I believe, is the major oversight that some marketing executive made years ago when they decided to build this area. Don't get me wrong, I think its gorgeous and love every bit of it, but I am definitely not everyone. The additional food offerings are great and the idea to bring in more vendors is never a bad idea, but it might just be too much for the average vacationing family.

Again, I see the point. Keep your audience captive. Don't give them an excuse to go up I-4 to the Mall of Millenia or over to one of the outlets. Part of me just thinks it might have been too big of an expansion.

Pirate Magic

This marks the beginning the down scaling of the Disney Springs offerings. All these high end "Vegas-like" offerings in a family vacation spot that has already become very taxing on the average (key word) guest, were inevitably going to have to scale back operating hours, offerings, or some may actually close in the future. The Town Center, IMFFHO (In My, Friends, & Family's Humble Opinion), in both design and store offerings feels a bit above the scope of what many of Disney vacationers are looking for. (Statement made from observations made over 2 trips).

I'm not knocking the businesses as I will stop in these types of places when in Vegas, but it just doesn't have the same comfort level for many as the rest of Disney. We've thoroughly enjoyed offerings at the Landings, and the traditional Market Place & West Side. But Town Center just doesn't have that Disney feel. I am comparing the feel to the parks and resorts. Had Town Center been scaled back in size and opulence just a bit, it would have been a better fit. I am curious to know how their revenue is against the projected, as I've been wrong before and will inevitably be wrong
Only my opinion.

Pirate Magic

You are absolutely right. We live in New York we have a lot of those upscale stores. We also have outlets stores too!! We do not need to go to Disney or Orlando to go to them. But I am sure that there are Disney guest that do not have those businesses where they live. We felt more comfortable ( at home) at the Market Place & West Side. But Disney did do a beautiful job.

Disneyhead'71

One thing to keep in mind is when a new mall opens, there is a natural thinning of the herd (shops) and tweaking of menus that happens as a natural course of things.

When you open so many things at one time some will not make it.

StageFrenzy

Was there on Monday, wife and I were going to go in there to see about a pastry and were surprised to see it closed early. A CM walked by and said it didn't open till 3. There was no signage or notice on the door. In response to the people on the general state of DS, This is just one night but Jocks was slammed on Saturday night. People seem to hit up jocks in search of food after realizing 30-1 hour waits at the rest of the restaurants. The town center area works a lot better now that all the stores are open. The wide pathways feel good after being in some of the older area.

Hockey89

Lily Pulitzer...I almost fainted when my wife showed me a dress she liked in there. I asked, "Are you serious?"
She just smiled and said, "Nah, just messing with you."
Yeah, I guess... I'm was more talking about Hermes, Ermenegildo Zenga, Burberry, Tiffany's, Louis V ect ect... All places you would find at high end places in nyc or vegas...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom