Walt Disney World's new marketing campaign - 'The Magic is Endless'

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I was just hoping to point out that there are plenty of other times to go to MK...as well as the reality that most travelers do not spend every evening of their trip in that park.

Your view is- "I should have the option to go whenever I want, regardless of if I would have actually wanted to go or not."

My view is- It's a choice to go, the schedule is known several months in advance, and it's easily worked around. So instead of ranting and raving, maybe take a look at it realistically.

The park is technically open til 10 I think? Anything beyond that is an extension that isn't owed on your ticket. Epcot closes at 9 or 9:30? So it's 30-60 minutes that's the huge deal?
You must hate Universal's hours, higher priced single day ticket and parks close much earlier than WDW.

It's ok, you don't have to answer. I give up. People would rather complain than actually look at the big picture.

Most of us don't hate the fact that for HHN parties if you are a AP holder free admission on non-peak nights oh and the special holiday events are included with admission including concerts by Mannheim Steamroller (which by themselves at a music venue are usually 80-120 per ticket). Oh and even WITH that UNI P&R margin is north of 30% while Disney with massive guest facing cuts and cash grabs bumps around the mid teens for P&R margin. Yeah we know who has the better business model and it's not the upcharge king

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Up charge events allow WDW to effectively increase the number of operating days without incurring additional overhead costs.

If there are 60 Halloween and Christmas events, WDW will have 422 operating days every year. This allows WDW to reduce SGA by 15.6% year.

Just IMAGINE the possibilities of selling the MK TWICE EVERY DAY! - Wishes and Castle show as an upcharge event! Brilliant!

SorcererMC

Just IMAGINE the possibilities of selling the MK TWICE EVERY DAY! - Wishes and Castle show as an upcharge event! Brilliant!

Attendance was soft in the spring when they did the After Hours $150 event. I suspect that they didn't know the consumer price max threshold and demand elasticity (b/c they used discounting to bump attendance)....I bet now they do, ie no accident that Club Villain is $129. And I would expect to see more 'pay extra for the magic' events this coming spring.

ETA: I see now that it was $129 last spring, I thought they bumped it up for this recent announcement.

Last edited:

SorcererMC

I think if we are talking about park availability / value it's worth bringing up.
That's a fair point - especially if the 'magic is endless' campaign is being directed at those who don't mind that the spending is endless (and offerings are limited). I didn't want this thread to turn into pages and pages of off-topic posts, that's all.

Last edited:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Has anybody seen new commercials? In Atlanta Ive just seen re-runs of last years commercial. The one with the family giving the CM at check in their odd wish list. (i.e, riding the monorail, hanging out by the pool, eating at a restaurant). And the irony is that they are wearing magic bands when they get to the front desk to check in, which proves they received magic bands prior to arrival, yet apparently they failed to plan anything and make dining reservations or FP+ selections.

pax_65

Has anybody seen new commercials? In Atlanta Ive just seen re-runs of last years commercial. The one with the family giving the CM at check in their odd wish list. (i.e, riding the monorail, hanging out by the pool, eating at a restaurant). And the irony is that they are wearing magic bands when they get to the front desk to check in, which proves they received magic bands prior to arrival, yet apparently they failed to plan anything and make dining reservations or FP+ selections.

If they didn't plan every dining reservation and Fastpass before they left home, the frustration will be the only thing that's endless.

(Sorry, I couldn't resist... I promised I was done. :) )

Beacon Joe

Hmmm... Horizons was pretty magical. As was the Electrical Parade. And the Maelstrom. And 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. And Mr. Toad. And Inner Space. And Seabase Alpha. And the penny arcade. And the magic shop.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

That commercial was clearly made by someone who NEVER set foot in WDW. And I'm not talking about FP's Just a bunch of b-roll footage and clueless direction of the commercial, Ever notice the WDW commercials ONLY show people checking into the GF ??? Never Pop Century, AoA or AKL, Which is probably because Burbank types only stay at the GF.

21stamps

That commercial was clearly made by someone who NEVER set foot in WDW. And I'm not talking about FP's Just a bunch of b-roll footage and clueless direction of the commercial, Ever notice the WDW commercials ONLY show people checking into the GF ??? Never Pop Century, AoA or AKL, Which is probably because Burbank types only stay at the GF.
Let's be fair,

Does Atlantis show people checking into the Beach or Coral towers in their commercials?

Of course not.

21stamps

Yet there are OTHER deluxe resorts at Disney, AKL and Contemporary come to mind immediately, SSR also has quite a grand front desk, My comment on the production values and venue stands.

Atlantis has similar though..there are actually more expensive rooms than those in the Royal Towers now, but the RT structure is the picture that comes to people's mind when they think of Atlantis. GF is Disney's flagship resort.. Makes sense to show it off.

Edited to add, I've never even noticed GF being highlited.lol. Just think it wouldn't be odd if it was.

Last edited:

SorcererMC

A bit off topic on the commercials for WDW but, has anyone seen this Universal Orlando Commercial...I mean with Disney trying to have families get together and such..Tell me what you think of This one....

I like a lot of the UO commercials, and contrasting it to Disney I realize how they succeed where I think Disney is lacking - there is an obvious narrative/ story arc of the family's time together and how their vacation is both fun and relaxing. The Disney commercials are more of a montage and 'The Magic is Endless' commercials are centered on the children's faces and their reactions (the exception being the couple having a brief kiss).

It could be that I simply prefer one style of commercial over the other.

Last edited:

21stamps

I like a lot of the UO commercials, and contrasting it to Disney I realize how they succeed where I think Disney is lacking - there is an obvious narrative/ story arc of the family's time together and how their vacation is both fun and relaxing. The Disney commercials are more of a montage and 'The Magic is Endless' commercials are centered on the children's faces and their reactions (the exception being the couple having a brief kiss).

It could be that I simply prefer one style of commercial over the other.
To me that symbolizes the difference of Universal and Disney for most of my life. Disney is a place of childhood magic, and we love it as adults because of our nostalgia.
Universal has always been the more grade school/tween/teen/adult place.. My personal opinion and experience only. I know that others will vary.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom