Walt Disney World Railroad closing for a 5 week refurbishment Jan-Feb 2017

MerlinTheGoat

Still wish with the railroad refurb they could friggin theme the Overpass to a rock-like looking feature to Enter New Fantasyland..
Screen%2Bshot%2B2015-08-25%2Bat%2B10.55.53%2BPM.png
I saw an alligator chilling up under this bridge the other day. Actually my first gator sighting at WDW, though I know other people have seen them more often.

It has always bugged me with the lack of theming. I agree.

MonorailMan

I saw a post in a facebook group that the tracks on the spur line going back to the roundhouse have been torn up (which makes sense based on the permits filed, one of which being for work in this area). Does anyone have confirmation of this?

wogwog

I saw a post in a facebook group that the tracks on the spur line going back to the roundhouse have been torn up (which makes sense based on the permits filed, one of which being for work in this area). Does anyone have confirmation of this?
All of the track and ties from the doors of the roundhouse to the road south of the roundhouse (end of World Drive) are ripped out. New replacement supplies are staged nearby.

FigmentFan3

Does anyone know if the scrims are still up on Main Street Station? I have family visiting for the first time in a long time soon and I'm hoping for a good "first impression" of MK for them.

MonorailMan

Drove past the roundhouse today and saw Lilly Belle (STILL with Roy's coaches :mad:) outside. Not sure if she was leaving the park or heading into the park and she was just stationary there. Heard reports from a friend that she was out running the loop today, but couldn't confirm whether or not they were taking passengers.
train1.jpg train2.jpg train3.jpg

MonorailMan

Great to hear the whistle blasts of the Walt Disney World Railroad again. Today's engines are Roy pulling Lilly's set and Lilly pulling Roy's cars. Can't they just pull their own sets????
PREACH! Apparently Lilly is no longer wired to work with her coaches, but she is wired to work with Roy's coaches. It's got something to do with the electrical connection from the engine to the coach set. Or at least that's what a very reliable source told me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom