Changes coming to Memory Maker?

Mawg

I'm guessing it will turn into a tiered photopass system. 150 for basic and more for front of line access to M&G's, private shoots and 360 videos. I just think too many people would quit buying it all together if the price went above 150, but there are a few that would see value in the additional features. I could even see them trying 100 for basic Photo pass, 150 to include ride photos/videos and 250 for the ultra deluxe.

tedsgibson

My Family visited the parks in June and as my girls are all at the end of there live at home career we sprung for the Memory Maker. The cost is very reasonable as long as you use it! we stopped every photographer we could find and asked for magic shots and even if they had ideas. One of my girls is of course in love with Anna and Elsa so used a FastPass, had AMAZING Interactions with the Characters and there Handlers. My Girls play well with everyone and they really turned it on and they had some very cool real connecting moments with the Ladies in Character. However the Pictures that were taken were very sub-par, and not just the ones taken at this location. severl we got were very good, others not so much. i would love the added experiences that are mentioned but there needs to be some sort of guarntee as you pay this price to capture moments that you cant get back. And as upset as I was i cant imagine how those feel that have taken there little one for a makeover and then receive low quality pictures.
But wow 360 video of the meet and greet that sounds cool

tirian

Photopass pictures are rarely worth purchasing. When the service launched, Disney used real photographers, but now they'll give a camera to anybody with two hands because the labor is cheaper than paying trained professionals.

I usually pick up some photos because they're included with my AP, and 90% are out of focus, incorrectly metered, or badly composed.

Someone will jump on the boards and say that their experience with Photopass was "WONDERFUL." That's nice. But the service isn't consistent.

My Family visited the parks in June and as my girls are all at the end of there live at home career we sprung for the Memory Maker. The cost is very reasonable as long as you use it! we stopped every photographer we could find and asked for magic shots and even if they had ideas. One of my girls is of course in love with Anna and Elsa so used a FastPass, had AMAZING Interactions with the Characters and there Handlers. My Girls play well with everyone and they really turned it on and they had some very cool real connecting moments with the Ladies in Character. However the Pictures that were taken were very sub-par, and not just the ones taken at this location. severl we got were very good, others not so much. i would love the added experiences that are mentioned but there needs to be some sort of guarntee as you pay this price to capture moments that you cant get back. And as upset as I was i cant imagine how those feel that have taken there little one for a makeover and then receive low quality pictures.
But wow 360 video of the meet and greet that sounds cool

Jae99

Original Poster
Having thought about it, if they go through with this, being able to pick and choose for $2-5 each can actually make this worthwhile. Right now individual photos are apparently $10-20 each so it might be a benefit.

(watch them not include that part now :rolleyes:)
I thought $1.99 was quite reasonable for a photo.

Jae99

Original Poster
I'm guessing it will turn into a tiered photopass system. 150 for basic and more for front of line access to M&G's, private shoots and 360 videos. I just think too many people would quit buying it all together if the price went above 150, but there are a few that would see value in the additional features. I could even see them trying 100 for basic Photo pass, 150 to include ride photos/videos and 250 for the ultra deluxe.
In the survey there was no mention of different options at different prices. It was pretty much an increased price with more included in the photopass package or just purchase individual photos for a low price, but with none of the perks of the photopass package.

WDWFantasmicFan

Photopass pictures are rarely worth purchasing. When the service launched, Disney used real photographers, but now they'll give a camera to anybody with two hands because the labor is cheaper than paying trained professionals.

I usually pick up some photos because they're included with my AP, and 90% are out of focus, incorrectly metered, or badly composed.

Someone will jump on the boards and say that their experience with Photopass was "WONDERFUL." That's nice. But the service isn't consistent.
We had that on our recent trip, a lot of the photos weren't framed quite right, which kinda ruined the photo. Ride photos are a great addition to PhotoPass, and the videos are a lovely touch too :) Disney just needs to train their CM's to actually take good photos, like they used to have...

21stamps

In the survey there was no mention of different options at different prices. It was pretty much an increased price with more included in the photopass package or just purchase individual photos for a low price, but with none of the perks of the photopass package.
We had that on our recent trip, a lot of the photos weren't framed quite right, which kinda ruined the photo. Ride photos are a great addition to PhotoPass, and the videos are a lovely touch too :) Disney just needs to train their CM's to actually take good photos, like they used to have...
I agree that not all photo pass photographers are equal.
Here is a perfect example- I was so excited to see this photo, and then very disappointed when I realized that the photographer didn't catch the actual jump :(
However, for $149, to have several hundred photos, and a lot of them very good, plus ride photos and videos, I won't complain too much about the "not so good".
image.jpeg

In comparison, here is one that I snapped with my iPhone 6 around the same time last year. I am no photog, but I think mine is better than the Epcot one.lol
image.jpeg

Last edited:

cdeev8690

Regular memory maker is still available. That must have been a technical glitch. I waited on hold for 25 minutes for my disney experience issue this morning, so something may be going on.

Yeah, I'm still getting the same error online. I'll try calling to order it later on.

DisAl

I consider myself an "advanced amateur" photographer. I'm not a pro but do photo work at no charge for a couple of different 501c3 organizations who are always pleased with my work.
On our trip this past June I found the quality of the photopass photos to be quite good. We were there for a week, and had over 700 photopass photos in addition to about 600 I made. I think they include every snap of the camera; they don't cull out anything. The percentage of "keeper" photos was about 90% for both photo pass and the ones I made. The nicest part of photopass is getting the whole family in the photo without asking a stranger to make it for you. I have found the "keeper" rate of stranger made photos to be about 50%. At $150 I consider photopass a good value, but would not be willing to pay much more unless there were some really good additional features..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom