Disney Springs to become home to a Disney character meet and greet?

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Even better how about making a real life replica of the House Of Mouse and make it a character dining for day and night.
While I certainly like the idea, it will just end up being someplace that people will complain about having to reserve 180 days in advance.

brb1006

More info about that can be found here....http://waltdatedworld.bravepages.com/id201.htm
is.php
Remember when Darth Vader showed up in 1977 at Disney Village?
71f12740.jpg

BrerJon

They actually used to do that back in the 80's though early 90's called Chef Mickey's Village Restaurant.

At Disneyland Paris they still do. Chef Mickey's is a full character dining experience with 4 or 5 characters per meal, and it's outside of the parks in their equivalent of Downtown Disney so anyone can go with or without a park ticket.

tl77

It is perfectly clear to me what you are saying, and I have answered you in both of me responses, it's just that we have different views on this. You seem to believe the GoTG is going to be off limits, I on the other hand believe that this is grey area and that there is nothing at this point that confirms it either 100% off limits or 100% safe. I am leaning towards safe, because I have no idea why they would choose GoTG as the first Marvel ride in DCA, unless they planned to get some synergy by also building a GotG ride in WDW even if it's not the same ride.

That's not what I'm saying though, I'm assuming legally GotG is al right to use in WDW, the same way Doctor Strange seems to be, but the storylines of the upcoming films will include the rest of the Marvel characters that Universal currently has the right to... the Movies are putting Disney into a position where it's "all or nothing" as far as theme park rides/lands go... maybe they will build it a piece at a time, they went to great lengths to include Spiderman in the MCU and almost instantly afterwards Spiderman began appearing on the Disney Cruise ships... but their whole reason for buying Marvel was to have some thing to appeal to little boys, a "princess equivalent" basically, and little kids don't care who owns the rights to whatever, if they see one Marvel superhero at the parks they are going to wonder where the rest are

wdrive

At Disneyland Paris they still do. Chef Mickey's is a full character dining experience with 4 or 5 characters per meal, and it's outside of the parks in their equivalent of Downtown Disney so anyone can go with or without a park ticket.

Anyone can go to a number of character meals at WDW without a park ticket.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
That's not what I'm saying though, I'm assuming legally GotG is al right to use in WDW, the same way Doctor Strange seems to be, but the storylines of the upcoming films will include the rest of the Marvel characters that Universal currently has the right to... the Movies are putting Disney into a position where it's "all or nothing" as far as theme park rides/lands go... maybe they will build it a piece at a time, they went to great lengths to include Spiderman in the MCU and almost instantly afterwards Spiderman began appearing on the Disney Cruise ships... but their whole reason for buying Marvel was to have some thing to appeal to little boys, a "princess equivalent" basically, and little kids don't care who owns the rights to whatever, if they see one Marvel superhero at the parks they are going to wonder where the rest are

Your original post said "characters are ok to use", and I was interpreting ok to mean, legally allowed. Yes, I agree that it would be desirable to have all the characters there, but I think Disney would rather have something Marvel at WDW instead of nothing.

tl77

Your original post said "characters are ok to use", and I was interpreting ok to mean, legally allowed. Yes, I agree that it would be desirable to have all the characters there, but I think Disney would rather have something Marvel at WDW instead of nothing.

Well getting back to my actual point about, I'm thinking what they are going to want to do "at the parks", is what the public seems to wants to see at theme parks these days, which is something that recreates the experience of popular films, like Harry Potter, Avatar, Star Wars ect... at the moment though neither Disney nor Universal can legally "build" things to capitalist on the Marvel films "in their Orlando parks", but in the meantime Disney could probably promote those films at Disney Springs

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom