Changes to Typhoon Lagoon bus transportation for resort hotel guests from October

DisneyWorld30th

I don't understand why they don't do this for all of the areas.

Why not have two or three transportation hubs and buses come more frequently to/from the hubs. I would prefer that than waiting 15-30 minutes for a specific location bus.

PizzaPlanet

I stayed at a Disney resort this summer, and none of the changes reported this spring were in effect. Buses came like normal for Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon.

Also, if you ask the driver of a Disney Springs/Animal Kingdom bus to take you to Typhoon Lagoon/Blizzard Beach, they will gladly do so. No transferring necessary.

COProgressFan

As if it wasn't complicated enough. After some disastrous experiences with bus transport on our last trip (especially to/from Typhoon Lagoon) our next trip we'll be renting a car again. It's just not worth the hassles and unpredictability of the current bus system.

COProgressFan

Boo. It was dreadful getting to and from Blizzard Beach last month with the DAK transfer. Uber from now on.

Were they sending every wet, tired guest on a bus to Epcot first to then transfer to their resort? That's what they did to us last year at Typhoon. It was a nightmare. I wrote letters of complaint, but apparently they still seem to think guests will tolerate this kind of torture.

allymonkey

As part of all these changes with the roads and pedestrian bridges they should have built a covered peoplemover track between the springs and Typhoon Lagoon.

They should have added some pedestrian bridges to the new bus stop at Disney Springs too. If you're coming from the Marketplace end of DS to a value or moderate resort bus stop the walk seemed unending. Worst design of all the bus stops.

ToTBellHop

They should have added some pedestrian bridges to the new bus stop at Disney Springs too. If you're coming from the Marketplace end of DS to a value or moderate resort bus stop the walk seemed unending. Worst design of all the bus stops.
If it's that awful of a walk, pay for a deluxe. Values are hardly close at the theme parks.

Minthorne

If it's that awful of a walk, pay for a deluxe. Values are hardly close at the theme parks.

I usually don't get into these kinds of opinions but 'ouch'. I personally don't subscribe to the theory that you only deserve good design if you are rich. Not all can afford the several grands more it requires to take a family to a deluxe. I think I understand the lament of the walk - being that the bus loops require a rather long route to be walk to get to the loading areas. I believe the deigns could be improved, even for them value folks.

ToTBellHop

I usually don't get into these kinds of opinions but 'ouch'. I personally don't subscribe to the theory that you only deserve good design if you are rich. Not all can afford the several grands more it requires to take a family to a deluxe. I think I understand the lament of the walk - being that the bus loops require a rather long route to be walk to get to the loading areas. I believe the deigns could be improved, even for them value folks.
And I believe the land provided allows for a certain number of bus spaces given how big each bus is. It is not unreasonable to place spots for more expensive resorts closer. We should be thankful that the new design at least allows everyone to get dropped off at the entrance.

allymonkey

As a frequent guest at WDW I am perfectly aware that the bus stops for deluxe resorts are closer than the stops for moderate or value resorts and I fully understand the logic in that placement. Not everyone has the financial means to stay at a deluxe resort. My family rotates between staying at moderate and value resorts. My comment was that the design of the Disney Springs bus stop is not laid out as well as the bus stops at the parks. For guests staying at value or moderate resorts but walking up to the depot from the Marketplace end of DS the walk is much longer than the walk at any of the parks. It was like walking counter clockwise from the 8:00 position on a clock to the 10:00 position. It would have been possible to build a pedestrian bridge or some way of crossing the circle (without becoming a bus hood ornament) while still honoring the time honored tradition of putting the value resort bus stops on the outer perimeter and keeping those guests with smaller wallets in their rightful place.

bunnyman

We were there in August, staying at WL. Got the bus well before the time for one-bus service to Typhoon. By the time we got to Springs it was after the cut-off time to have to change buses. Driver said the bus we were on was now changing to CBR, but said would still drop us at Typhoon. So he left the WL spot after waiting, then moved over to CBR spot. Took us forever in total time!

The Empress Lilly

Surely this is Disney, not a banana republic where only the wealthy are treated with respect. The values are full of hardworking people who worked their behind off all year to provide the right life for their family. They deserve respect for it, not secondary treatment.

To think WDW started out with, or even as, an experiment of transportation that allowed for quick, fast, egalitarian transport for the masses. Nowadays the plebs get to walk miles to their bus in the blazing sun.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Surely this is Disney, not a banana republic where only the wealthy are treated with respect. The values are full of hardworking people who worked their behind off all year to provide the right life for their family. They deserve respect for it, not secondary treatment.

To think WDW started out with, or even as, an experiment of transportation that allowed for quick, fast, egalitarian transport for the masses. Nowadays the plebs get to walk miles to their bus in the blazing sun.
You're exaggerating and you know it. They aren't dropping value resort guests off in Georgia. The bus stations have a set size and someone has to get the closer spots. No one whines that First Class is at the front of the plane. Or that guests who pay to stay at Disney get priority FP and dining booking.

Jon81uk

I've just returned from a trip and went to Typhoon Lagoon last Wednesday and we had to change at Disney Springs both coming and going from Typhoon Lagoon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom