Splash Mountain closing for a 1 day refurbishment in December

trampdog

I've always wondered what they would retheme this ride as eventually. It just seems odd to keep Song of the South characters (for the obvious reasons)

And what would those "obvious" reasons be? Hmm? Come on, say it.

People are so freaking PC it's absurd! While we are at it, you better re-theme Small World since it represents stereotypes among every nationality and race in the world.

Racist people are the ones that always have to bring up race, even if they only hint at it.

Yeah, this subject gets my blood boiling because it is causing way too much tension and setting this Country back 50 years. We are all learning the wrong thing from the idiot in the lead role. What a disaster!

And what would those "obvious" reasons be? Hmm? Come on, say it.

People are so freaking PC it's absurd! While we are at it, you better re-theme Small World since it represents stereotypes among every nationality and race in the world.

Racist people are the ones that always have to bring up race, even if they only hint at it.

Yeah, this subject gets my blood boiling because it is causing way too much tension and setting this Country back 50 years. We are all learning the wrong thing from the idiot in the lead role. What a disaster!
Really? Wow. You're right... Disney should totally run with the Tar Baby. There's zero reason they refuse to put Song of the South on Bluray. It's just TOTALLY PC, not common decency. *rolling eyes*

Really? Wow. You're right... Disney should totally run with the Tar Baby. There's zero reason they refuse to put Song of the South on Bluray. It's just TOTALLY PC, not common decency. *rolling eyes*
I asked an honest question to what fans would want to retheme Splash Mountain into and this is the ridiculous response I get SMH.

MerlinTheGoat

And you were given an honest answer that you refused to accept- Splash Mountain should not be rethemed at all. There is absolutely nothing about the ride that can be reasonably construed as offensive to anyone (the ride doesn't even have a tar baby). It's one of the most popular Disney rides and is adored by people of all races.

trampdog

In the immortal words of Ronald Reagan, "well, there you go again".

Thank you for proving my point. The only people who associate racism to an object are those who are racist to begin with. Only a human capable of thought can be racist. An object does not have the ability to be racist. Unfortunately, its a downward spiral from there as it spreads like a virus. The fox made a doll out of a lump of tar. How the hell is that offensive? It's a story/fable written in a book that is read and proclaimed around the world. Holy shmoly you are off the scales with this.

By your thought process, the following should be also banned from the Walt Disney archives:

Steamboat Willie
Country Bear Jamboree
Jungle Book
Jungle Cruise
WDW Railroad
Small World
Peter Pan's Flight

Maybe, just maybe, if you took a step back, open your eyes, and let some color in. Then everything wouldn't be so black and white to you.

I'm done with this thread.

JohnD

24 hours? Hmm....sounds like a walk through by show designers to make a detailed list of things that need to be done on a longer refurb.

That makes lots of sense. Create a checklist in anticipation for its usual winter refurbishment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom