Splash Mountain added to Magic Kingdom's Evening Extra Magic Hours line-up

World_Showcase_Lover007

About time they added it. Used to frustrate me that it was never open during EMH. They would always have a cast member standing near the queue entrance telling people it was closed. As one of the major attractions in MK, it should always be open during EMH.

mimitchi33

I thought it was always open during EMH...silly me! I've always gone on it late at night when I'm at Disney and we often are the only people on it!

Brer Oswald

Did I miss something, are there only certain things operating during EMH?
Technically almost all of the attractions except for Splash were open for EMH. I asked a cast member why and they said it was because Splash needed to close early each night for brief maintenance check ups because it was a flume ride. I don't know why they changed their mind

MagicHappens1971

Technically almost all of the attractions except for Splash were open for EMH. I asked a cast member why and they said it was because Splash needed to close early each night for brief maintenance check ups because it was a flume ride. I don't know why they changed their mind
I'd assume since BTM is down and they needed another mountain to be open to fill the gap for EMH

jbolen2

Last trip my younger cousins couldn't understand why splash and other rides weren't open under emh. Nice to see it added even if it's just temporary.

About time they added it. Used to frustrate me that it was never open during EMH. They would always have a cast member standing near the queue entrance telling people it was closed. As one of the major attractions in MK, it should always be open during EMH.
It's because of maintenance that it's not open for EMH usually. It takes a lot to keep it going. Typical day is 51 boats running continuously. If they have to drain the flume (usually down every other night), 1 hr down and another 1 hr back up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom