Passholder single day ticket offer

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I have no problem with constructive criticism of Disney. I do it myself. I certainly don't agree with everything that they have done and are doing in the parks. My problem is with the blanket statements that have been proven wrong time and time again, yet people keep spouting off them off as truth in the hope that maybe some people might believe it. You talked about the parks being dirty - yet many people have been their recently and reported that the parks are as clean as they have ever been. That is our experience as well. There have been some here saying the restrooms are filthy. Again, people on recent trips have reported that it simply isn't true, and that is our experience as well. Every restroom we were in just a few months ago was clean, and most had CMs in them cleaning up from the slobby people. You also mentioned that maintenance hasn't been kept up and rides are in terrible condition. What rides??? We saw no evidence of that on our recent trips.

Like I said, it isn't perfect. And guess what - IT NEVER WAS! Sorry to burst your bubble, but WDW has never been as perfect as certain people here claim it was. They went as kids back in the 70's and 80's and thought everything was great. And now they look back and only remember the good stuff from when they were kids, and think it has gone so tremendously downhill. It is nowhere near as bad as certain people here would have you believe, and nowhere near as bad you put it. Did you say it sucks? Well, not directly, but the tone of your post certainly implied that is how you felt.

Yeah we edited all our pictures in the yellow Kodak Envelopes and recopied them on vintage filmstock and paper and used UV light to accellerate the aging, Not to mention copying Super 8 movies into digital altering the images and then recopying onto vintage Kodak and GAF filmstock and after that VHS tapes to remove all the burned out bulbs, flaking paint, trash blowing around the park and the benches just so we could revisit the 'Imaginary Parks' of the 70-90's

The good maintenance practices which Disney touted back then were simply advertising slogans. The bathrooms walls were always covered with poo and the toilets were always overflowing.

The restaurants NEVER had Prime Rib or unique menus

Yeah the parks were ALWAYS like they are today according to the BRAND advocates...

LongLiveTheKing

Hmmmm...should I wait to see if there are any other desperate gestures before buying an AP in Sept or Oct? I am still hesitant to buy another AP, but my mother is hinting about F&W and I will eventually get talked into an AP.. 3 free months tagged onto APs would certainly be the salve to soothe the butthurt I have been feeling for the last year or two
If you're concerned that there's a potential you'll miss out on a deal if you renew early, there's no reason to not renew until the last week unless you're concerned you'll forget. If you're as bad as me at remembering stuff, probably give yourself more like a month deadline, lol

Jen Marie

We responded to the rate hike by dropping all the way down to seasonal. And to think we were premier level at one time. It's nuts to think our current season pass with months of blackouts costs nearly as much as our full AP did just a few years ago.
We did the same thing. After they expire though we are not going to get them anymore. Just too much money. We can get passes for other parks for half the price without blackout dates.

JohnD

We did the same thing. After they expire though we are not going to get them anymore. Just too much money. We can get passes for other parks for half the price without blackout dates.

As a Florida Resident the Silver Pass works for me. It's the same as the old seasonal, blocking me out over Easter, Summer, and Christmas. No desire to go on those dates anyway.

I agree that the "regular" pass is now a raw deal for out of state residents. Too much to pay for any day of the year.

jakeman

Yeah we edited all our pictures in the yellow Kodak Envelopes and recopied them on vintage filmstock and paper and used UV light to accellerate the aging, Not to mention copying Super 8 movies into digital altering the images and then recopying onto vintage Kodak and GAF filmstock and after that VHS tapes to remove all the burned out bulbs, flaking paint, trash blowing around the park and the benches just so we could revisit the 'Imaginary Parks' of the 70-90's
Honestly...given your issues with the truth, I wouldn't put this past you.

Uncle Lupe

Hmmmm...should I wait to see if there are any other desperate gestures before buying an AP in Sept or Oct? I am still hesitant to buy another AP, but my mother is hinting about F&W and I will eventually get talked into an AP.. 3 free months tagged onto APs would certainly be the salve to soothe the butthurt I have been feeling for the last year or two

Butthurt... :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

DisUniversal

So, if this is open to all passholders, including Epcot after 4 passes and that's the pass I currently have, can I buy myself a parkhopper to all the other parks for $79?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom