Celebrate the magic refurbishment

Imagineerwannabe

Original Poster
Spotted on MDE that "celebrate the magic" projection show appears to have some downtime with the last show on 4th August 2016 returning on 31st August.

jrhwdw

Interesting, anyone know why and what's happening?
Budget Cuts?
New Projectors/Projections?
New theme song/sequences?

Imagineerwannabe

Original Poster
Suspect they will be upgrading the projection system to bring in line with the higher definition kit that Hollywood studios has. would have thought if it was video changes they wouldn't need the downtime as it would be a seamless swap from one to the other

ag3_tre

I wonder if they'll be expanding the projections to the new turrets that flank the castle. Kinda similar to Once Upon A Time at TDL?

Scoppin

And will it continue running throughout the year? I haven't been before so not sure. And we will be there for the first time in September and would be nice to experience.

Daniel21

Gutted, I honestly don't think I will ever book to go in August again, too many rides and attractions down, most of which are must see, Thunder Mountain, Dinosaur to name a few, and now this a must see end to the day /night experience.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Gutted, I honestly don't think I will ever book to go in August again, too many rides and attractions down, most of which are must see, Thunder Mountain, Dinosaur to name a few, and now this a must see end to the day /night experience.
Welcome aboard and I feel your pain! I had to move a few things around to be able to catch it our first night.

Kman101

August isn't always the most packed month so I imagine the 'slower' period is why they decide to take certain things down. JMO

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Will this have any effect on the Wishes fireworks show? I know that the castle will change color during the show, but I don't remember if they use any projection effects.

brb1006

Well at least once MSEP ends in October at MK. Celebrate The Magic along with Wishes can serve as night shows for MK for now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom