New character meet and greet locations at Disney's Hollywood Studios (July 2016)

Ryan H. Serowinski

Not too happy that the rarest characters left the park :( They just want to focus on the most common characters, they don't want Star Butterfly, Sulley, Mr & Mrs Incredible, and Judy & Nick to start M&Gs. Despite the fact that I Like these characters but i would rather see Goofy, Chip n Dale, Donald, and Daisy meeting on Sunset Blvd instead.

Herbie

In my DHS, we'd have Snow White (just outside of the expanded Carathy Circle Theatre), Mary Poppins (The Great Movie Ride), Indiana Jones, Star Wars characters, Kermit + Miss Piggy, Roger + Jessica Rabbit, Tower of Terror Goofy, Lilo, Stitch, and Mulan. That's just me (had to fan out). Happy to see more though.

Characterpalooza still takes place at 4, right?

asianway

In my DHS, we'd have Snow White (just outside of the expanded Carathy Circle Theatre), Mary Poppins (The Great Movie Ride), Indiana Jones, Star Wars characters, Kermit + Miss Piggy, Roger + Jessica Rabbit, Tower of Terror Goofy, Lilo, Stitch, and Mulan. That's just me (had to fan out). Happy to see more though.

Characterpalooza still takes place at 4, right?
More like 5 in the summer. Its always like 4 hours before Fant.

You owe me $6.95

todd23

Too add, all the VIPs except Mickey and Minnie are in their traditional outfits. Thus ending the "Sailor Donald" controversy as well as retiring the last of the themed Hollywood outfits introduced in 2010.

What was the "Sailor Donald" controversy?

Herbie

That once they remodeled character spot at Epcot, there was no place in all of WDW to meet Donald on a daily basis in his traditional sailor suit.

Oh, I honestly thought it would be a 'no pants' issue... Thankfully it's not, silly me.

J. D.

I've heard rumors of Monsters making a return to the park and meeting in the old Jack Sparrow spot. I had previously heard that Darth Vader was to be going there, but now it seems he may be going in Launch Bay where the video game room currently is.

Ryan H. Serowinski

I've heard rumors of Monsters making a return to the park and meeting in the old Jack Sparrow spot. I had previously heard that Darth Vader was to be going there, but now it seems he may be going in Launch Bay where the video game room currently is.
I Was thinking the same thing when Mickey left Soundstage 4, but didn't happen sadly :( All i saw in Soundstage 4 is nothing

mm52200

Apparently the characters had to be relocated because the break area was becoming too crowded with all of the additional cast from the new Star Wars shows but it's ashame the hollywood costumes had to go as well.

Jon81uk

I would quite happily not be able to meet any of those characters at DHS, they are available at the other parks and have some more unique characters available. The Muppets, Mike & Sully, The Incredibles, Wreck-It Ralph, Nick & Judy, there are plenty of characters they could choose instead of the Fab Five.

dreamfinder

Too add, all the VIPs except Mickey and Minnie are in their traditional outfits. Thus ending the "Sailor Donald" controversy as well as retiring the last of the themed Hollywood outfits introduced in 2010.

While I'm not a fan of having all the same characters in every park (although I do get it to a point), is it that hard for them to at least use thematically appropriate costumes? Otherwise just set up a green screen studio, and have Photopass swap out the backgrounds and be done with it. Or did I just give them an idea.....

asianway

While I'm not a fan of having all the same characters in every park (although I do get it to a point), is it that hard for them to at least use thematically appropriate costumes? Otherwise just set up a green screen studio, and have Photopass swap out the backgrounds and be done with it. Or did I just give them an idea.....
Epcot is the WORST when it comes to this - you have 11 countries and almost all the VIPs have thematically appropriate outfits available for each country, so what do they do? Build a sweatshop in Innoventions with the blah outfits.

brb1006

I would quite happily not be able to meet any of those characters at DHS, they are available at the other parks and have some more unique characters available. The Muppets, Mike & Sully, The Incredibles, Wreck-It Ralph, Nick & Judy, there are plenty of characters they could choose instead of the Fab Five.
Don't forget the rare characters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom