Tiffins introduces new more affordable lunch menu

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
$350 for a Family of 4 to eat What Were they Thinking? They should move Flame Tree and add a Band and the place will be packed. This is a Family Theme Park not Las Vegas or NYC. Disney needs to wake up and return to there roots, Family Vacations.

I can't like this post enough :inlove:

Gabe1

I don't know if you read the article at http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/tiffins/news/05jul2016-tiffins-introduces-new-lunch-menu.htm, but the point of it was that there is a new Taste of Tiffins option for $28.

Yes but I can't wrap my brain around $28 equating to two dining credits. I need to find the disney dining plan calculator however I thinking the $28 option will cost a guest about $50-60 if paid for with the dining plan. DDP is what $63 dollars a day for 1 TS and the upcharge for a $28 taste is two dining credits. Yikes!

Hockey89

Yes but I can't wrap my brain around $28 equating to two dining credits. I need to find the disney dining plan calculator however I thinking the $28 option will cost a guest about $50-60 if paid for with the dining plan. DDP is what $63 dollars a day for 1 TS and the upcharge for a $28 taste is two dining credits. Yikes!
Don't go... Problem solved.

Gabe1

Don't go... Problem solved.

Perfect example of how to derail a thread that had useful and respectful posts.

WDW Magic is one of the 8 websites that Disney has specifically asked to be checked off on their surveys requesting and inquiring I check off if I visit specific websites. Likely because the vast majority of members WDW Magic can engage in thoughtful, useful and polite discussion on various topics. Discussion is what keeps these type of websites possible.

Disney is quickly seeing the light that the Tiffin menu structure had guests not going to their new restaurant in the numbers they hoped for. They saw the same with the Canteen in the MK where they also had to quickly adjust their menu. Even Disney's first stab at correcting the problem was not 'Don't Go.'

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
The $28 is only the entree. So the dining plan credits would get your more than just that single entree.

worldfanatic

This restaurant will be extremely popular after Avatarland opens, as it's located right at the main entrance to it.
I think the advice "don't go" is perfectly acceptable for people who think it's too pricey.
I personally am thrilled to have a higher end restaurant inside AK that may have a lower "child presence" than others.
There's plenty of lower priced options available.

Hockey89

Perfect example of how to derail a thread that had useful and respectful posts.

WDW Magic is one of the 8 websites that Disney has specifically asked to be checked off on their surveys requesting and inquiring I check off if I visit specific websites. Likely because the vast majority of members WDW Magic can engage in thoughtful, useful and polite discussion on various topics. Discussion is what keeps these type of websites possible.

Disney is quickly seeing the light that the Tiffin menu structure had guests not going to their new restaurant in the numbers they hoped for. They saw the same with the Canteen in the MK where they also had to quickly adjust their menu. Even Disney's first stab at correcting the problem was not 'Don't Go.'
Sorry but my post was dead on... If you can't wrap your brain around it, that is fine... You are not entitled to everything and at every price point you want... If it's too much, they will lower or completely change the menu which will be shame...

Gabe1

The $28 is only the entree. So the dining plan credits would get your more than just that single entree.

Likely a non alcoholic beverage and dessert I am guessing? Still a stretch for 2 credit signature fare. I'm not questioning the $28 small bite as an offering only the notion of the small plate entree being set at a 2 dining credit meal. Actually if you go back to my original post I thought the $28 plate was a great idea for lunch just not for those on the dining plan.

Minthorne

The $28 bite isn't the only thing on the menu at lunch. Someone on the DDP could still order the wagu beef for $51 or lamb for $41. They can't go to 1 credit for lunch because their lunch menu is the same as dinner. If someone on the DDP picks the bite at tiffin or the $30 vegetarian dish at another signature it just is further proof the DDP is a ball and chain to your dining choices.

The $28 bite is to entice cash guests at lunch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom