Tiffins introduces new more affordable lunch menu

docdebbi

2 credits for lunch? Wow...I think I'd rather pay the $28 out of pocket.

yeah, they need to keep it at 2 credits for any meal as it is a signature restaurant, and they can't set a new precedent of 1 credit.
so, as I see it, this is for the guys paying cash, not on DDP, if you are using 2 credits, I assume you're going for the regular menu.

aladdin2007

Very good news, we can now look forward to trying it, whereas before we had steered clear of the place since there was no lunch menu.

dizneeboy

We had dinner there on Saturday evening and did the jungle book live priority seating package. The food was some of the best I've had on property but super pricey for sure. With a couple adult beverages and tip, it was over $200 for the 2 of us and the restaurant was mostly empty. We had front row for jungle book live. While a nice show, it will be a better option for ROL once it debuts...if you are looking for high end dining options. They did not offer an annual passholder discount at this time.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
*scratches head*

I started to read the news report on the main page and for about 60 seconds started to applaud Disney for recognizing a less expensive lunch menu at Tiffins would be a far better offering during the daytime. The out of pocket charges was more in line with day guests might be willing to part with for 'small plates.'

Then I reached the end of the news article where Disney will still take two dining credits for their smaller portions from their 'lite bites' menu.Talk about irking. What type of consumer would turn over 2 dining credits for a $28 offering? If you were on the dining plan and needing to turn over 2 dining credits wouldn't you just order off the normal menu at lunch? What a ploy to later say, guests wanted the full menu during the day when Rivers launches and pull the more affordable option.

Anyone have any idea what percentage of guests are on a dining plan?

DisneyFans4Life

*scratches head*

I started to read the news report on the main page and for about 60 seconds started to applaud Disney for recognizing a less expensive lunch menu at Tiffins would be a far better offering during the daytime. The out of pocket charges was more in line with day guests might be willing to part with for 'small plates.'

Then I reached the end of the news article where Disney will still take two dining credits for their smaller portions from their 'lite bites' menu.Talk about irking. What type of consumer would turn over 2 dining credits for a $28 offering? If you were on the dining plan and needing to turn over 2 dining credits wouldn't you just order off the normal menu at lunch? What a ploy to later say, guests wanted the full menu during the day when Rivers launches and pull the more affordable option.

Anyone have any idea what percentage of guests are on a dining plan?
It was mentioned earlier in the thread that because Tiffins is a signature restaurant, they have to use 2 TS credits...even for lunch. I don't believe there is a way to only take 1 TS credit for the lunch menu and 2 TS credits for the full menu.

I agree with you though...it doesn't make sense to use the DDP if you're going to order off the lunch menu.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
It was mentioned earlier in the thread that because Tiffins is a signature restaurant, they have to use 2 TS credits...even for lunch. I don't believe there is a way to only take 1 TS credit for the lunch menu and 2 TS credits for the full menu.

I agree with you though...it doesn't make sense to use the DDP if you're going to order off the lunch menu.

LeCellier when it went Signature 2 dining credits dinner also had a 1 TS credit for lunch when they initially went the Signature route. Disney is capable of doing as they please. I find it humorous that some support the notion that it is impossible for Disney to charge 1 credit for a different menu.

In this era of computer programming and all of the ordering and dining credits being taken electronically I cannot believe that it cannot be programmed to have one Table Service deducted when 'lite bites' are ordered on the dining plan especially since it is a different lunch menu. Disney themselves changed the definition of Signature by co mingling menus themselves for lunch with different price structures. If Disney can pull of dueling menus for lunch they certainly can adjust a dang computer program. It continues to amaze me what is condoned where Disney is concerned. Me, the hard part is the kitchen pulling off 2 menus and still able to keep up the quality Signature meals for the more expensive lunch menu. Feel for the kitchen staff.

Simba's Mom

Is it just me or does the word "affordable" not really fit? I noticed lots of prices in the $40s, for lunch. I saw a lamb chop for $41, Sustainable fish for $43. We often eat our TS meal at lunchtime, and don't pay prices like this! And some lighter offerings-sandwiches and maybe an entree salad would be nice.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Is it just me or does the word "affordable" not really fit? I noticed lots of prices in the $40s, for lunch. I saw a lamb chop for $41, Sustainable fish for $43. We often eat our TS meal at lunchtime, and don't pay prices like this! And some lighter offerings-sandwiches and maybe an entree salad would be nice.
I don't know if you read the article at http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/tiffins/news/05jul2016-tiffins-introduces-new-lunch-menu.htm, but the point of it was that there is a new Taste of Tiffins option for $28.

Simba's Mom

I hadn't read that article, thanks. And maybe the fact that it's a signature restaurant should make me be not so hard on it. The other ones I'm comparing it to, since we don't do the DDP, are all one-credit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom